CCW in Boston

It's funny you may be able to CCW, I don't know. But I certainly got blocked at Brighams & Women's last week trying to visit the S&W forum online .

I know I've seen different posts over the years but it didn't really apply to me then so I didn't pay too much attention. Bringing my Dad to Boston for a medical appointment (I think at Brigham). What, if any, concerns should I have about carrying? And yes, I fully understand "concealed means concealed". I just don't want to be 2 blocks from my car and then get jammed up by an unexpected metal detector or something.

Shouldn't have any issues as long as it is truly concealed!

Go Green [smile]

It's funny you may be able to CCW, I don't know. But I certainly got blocked at Brighams & Women's last week trying to visit the S&W forum online . ��
Certain categories of websites are blocked by default on the equipment they install. We have customers in the industry so I have our guys shut that shit off.

I had an appointment with my dermatologist at BW that my wife went with me. While sitting on the exam table my wife commented on what nice posture i had. I laughed and told her I was carrying and was being careful not to print. [wink]

Too many worry too much. I just sit like I always do, but I carry with a proper IWB holster and gun belt so stuff doesn't flop around or fall out.

MGH police are armed. Go to MGH and walk around. You will see at least three types of security. One are uniformed "ambassadors" who mostly direct traffic and help patients into cars. They are unarmed.

Then you will see plainclothes types in suits with earpieces. I suspect they are armed, but I'm not sure.

Finally, you will see MGH police. The MGH police have cruisers with light bars. They are uniformed like police, wear police duty belts, and on those belts are handguns.

I was just at MGH on Monday.

I wonder if some/all of the plainclothes might be Boston Dicks, as MGH gets a lot of their "customers" for patch-up before getting their three hots and a cot.

It's funny you may be able to CCW, I don't know. But I certainly got blocked at Brighams & Women's last week trying to visit the S&W forum online .

And I was surprised to get into NES at BWH the last few times I was there without having to use a proxy.

. I wonder if some/all of the plainclothes might be Boston Dicks, as MGH gets a lot of their "customers" for patch-up before getting their three hots and a cot..
No, absolutely not. These guys wear ear pieces like Secret Service, something that you won't find on a BPD detective.

Go to MGH, walk around the ground floor, and you will see them.

No, absolutely not. These guys wear ear pieces like Secret Service, something that you won't find on a BPD detective.

Go to MGH, walk around the ground floor, and you will see them.

I've been in BWH numerous times in the past year or two but it's been more than 2 years since I was in MGH and I don't go to Boston unless I absolutely must and then it is strictly to where I have to go and out.

How about the VA hospital? Is this a prohibited area?
this^

there is no binding signage as hospitals are not gov buildings. No different than the no fir arms signs that i walk right by at the movie theater. If you are noticed carrying and are asked to leave....and you do.....you have broken no law. I got into this discussion with a friends anti gun cousin once that told me carrying a gun on any posted property was a felony! Wtf. I started my rebuttle by asking if she agreed i was legally Allowed to carry a gun with my ltc. She agreed i was. I asked her if she was legally allowed to carry pop corn in her purse. She looked at me funny And said yes. Then i asked her if carrying pop corn past the no food or drink sign at the movie theater was a felony? She said no and saw where i was going and said quicky its different because pop orn is not a gun. Truly not a legal mind with this idiot so i just stopped there. Sometimes its just a total waste of time arguing with idiots.

As for the VA, a number of years ago I had to serve legal papers at the VA hospital in Brockton and it was posted in numerous places. Not legal anywhere on the property, so no you can't legally leave the gun in your car in their parking lot as I recall.

A friend of mine the other day was driving near the VA when he saw a man walking down the street using an oxygen tank.He noticed the man standing there,and was breathing kind of heavy so he pulled over and asked the man if he was alright.The guy stated that he went for a walk to the little store down the street from the VA,and the walk back was just to much for him.My friend offers the man a ride back to the VA,and as he is leaving the VA he realizes that he was carrying his gun. Just think the trouble he would have been in if they had stopped him,and found him with a gun.

A friend of mine the other day was driving near the VA when he saw a man walking down the street using an oxygen tank.He noticed the man standing there,and was breathing kind of heavy so he pulled over and asked the man if he was alright.The guy stated that he went for a walk to the little store down the street from the VA,and the walk back was just to much for him.My friend offers the man a ride back to the VA,and as he is leaving the VA he realizes that he was carrying his gun. Just think the trouble he would have been in if they had stopped him,and found him with a gun.

$500 fine, best I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom