• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW Glove Options

Infinite Jester

Navy Veteran
So this will be my first winter of carrying concealed. I've been looking around for some winter gloves. Does anyone have any personal experience with what might be a decent glove that is warm, yet provides the ability to operate inside a trigger guard?

Check out the underarmour UA extreme cold gloves, there about $34.00 for the pair,
but they allow you to get your finger on the trigger without being bulky.Hope this helps,
good luck.

Don't have specific experience with a particular glove, but I would suggest lots of training with whatever you go with. The tactile sensation of squeezing a trigger with gloves on is quite a bit different than that of using your naked finger. You also may be changing the way you get your finger into the trigger guard; when I started carrying a snubby, I had to learn to get my finger in the trigger guard smoothly - whether it's the size of my hands or the geometry of the gun, it took some adjustment when drawing in haste to get the trigger finger into the trigger guard successfully every time.

Last edited:
Check out the underarmour UA extreme cold gloves, there about $34.00 for the pair,
but they allow you to get your finger on the trigger without being bulky.Hope this helps,
good luck.

Yep these work great, they're not the warmest but they'll do the trick.

So this will be my first winter of carrying concealed. I've been looking around for some winter gloves. Does anyone have any personal experience with what might be a decent glove that is warm, yet provides the ability to operate inside a trigger guard?

I used regular Hatch search gloves until they wore out. I'm currently using UA 'tacticool' gloves, but they bunch up more than the Hatch did. I'd stay away from online buying unless you know for sure. Make sure they don't bunch up on the part of the hand on the little finger side of your wrist (sorry for the odd sentence). My UA gloves interfere with my grip, not sure if they just need to be broken in more or a bad design for my hands.

Back
Top Bottom