CCW Concerns

I wouldnt worry about printing. If you were a skinny emo kid that wore t shirts that were to small and you can easily uncover your weapon then maybe but I think when its always covered by clothes most moonbats just think its a cell phone. Only fellow CCWers like us would notice it and think it was a gun.

I wouldnt worry about printing. If you were a skinny emo kid that wore t shirts that were to small and you can easily uncover your weapon then maybe but I think when its always covered by clothes most moonbats just think its a cell phone. Only fellow CCWers like us would notice it and think it was a gun.

This

All this angst will go away soon, even sooner with a proper holster AND a proper belt.

Do not forget to buy a real gun belt. Regular leather belts, no matter thick they are, will not work. They will sag under the weight and let the butt of the gun flop about.

Yeah, Im far from a skinny emo kid...Im more the bouncer looking guy at a Robbie Roadsteamer show. Im going to experiment with the CTAC holster and determine which shirts work best at covering the butt of the gun and adjust it so that it sinks as low as possible.

I'm scrawny as hell (6'0 150lbs) and conceal a P226 with a VMII and Crossbreed belt no problem. All I need is a large (1 size too big) button down shirt. I like dark solid colors, like Dickie's black shirts, and random pattern shirts, like Hawaiian. Light colors and uniform patterns like stripes don't help conceal very well IMO. If you keep it covered, and don't touch it, nobody's gonna have any idea you have it. You'll have to learn how to hug people with your right arm down so they can't touch it, and you'll find yourself protecting that side with your right elbow in public. I'm also careful when I sit down not to make a telltale Clunk, and am careful when I open doors to not let people bump into me.

a friend of mine just said the same thing and that apparently, this is common - "everyone thinks they're going to get bagged for disturbing the peace" he said.

I was told by a group of cops yesterday that the whole disturbing the peace thing is a load of crap. I think it is a product of tin foiled hat type of people.

Does anyone know someone that it has happened to? Not the typical well I have a friend that knows a guy that knows a guy that got busted for it. Any news stories on it? How about someone losing there LTC because of suitability over printing?

It doesn't happen except in the world of hearsay. People are WAY to paranoid.

Im about 2-3 weeks away from getting my LTC-A - and having not carried concealed before, I was already kind of paranoid about printing issues. I think Im going to head to the mall again (sans umbrella, obviously) maybe get some longer t shirts and maybe summer weight button downs to be more cautious. Being "fluffy," I may have more of a concealment challenge than I thought.

Dude, for a week straight it feels like your walking around w/ your d*ck out...but only you can see it.

Oh and I give a HUGE recommendation for FIST holsters. Hardly any wait and they are just as good, if not better, than Milt Sparks.

I traded one for another that I wanted and the package included a few holsters that were for that gun. QUOTE]

I already HAVE an LTCA restricted, awaiting my unrestricted as per my renewal.[/

Oh, now that makes sense! I asked because if you were able to buy a gun already without a license, why worry about carrying concealed and printing?[laugh]

Most people will not notice unless you "full print" . Most folks are completely oblivious. Realize that while self checking you will always know where the gun is, so you will always overreact and think you are printing.

-Mike

As much as I like Four Seasons, gun shops simply aren't a good place to buy a holster. Most gun shops carry a limited line of crappy holsters.

Shop online for a good, custom holster. There are many good holster makers including:

- Kramer Leather
- Milt Sparks
- Raven Concealment

The best have waiting lists, but they are worth the wait.

Blade tech makes a bunch of fast-ship products (like the NANO IWB) that are excellent and easy to obtain. There are good ready made products, but not a lot of gun shops carry them because their margins on this kind of stuff are bad and they take up a lot of real estate in gun stores. Gun stores only carry the stuff that skinflints will buy on an impulse, as you already know.

-Mike

Blade tech makes a bunch of fast-ship products (like the NANO IWB) that are excellent and easy to obtain. There are good ready made products, but not a lot of gun shops carry them because their margins on this kind of stuff are bad and they take up a lot of real estate in gun stores.
The only BladeTech holsters that I have are OWB holsters that are very bulky and don't conceal well. They work well for competition, but aren't a Raven Concealment Phantom. I haven't tried their IWB holsters.

Gun stores only carry the stuff that skinflints will buy on an impulse, as you already know.
Agreed.

The amount of inventory required to have a reasonable selection of holsters would be staggering. Suppose a gun shop wants to have holsters for 25 different models of guns. If they want to offer IWB and OWB choices from just two different manufacturers, that is 100 different items to stock and display. It just isn't feasible.

AngelKing,
I highly recommend that you practice, practice, then practice some more at home (especially in the bathroom there is a whole thred here about that), at friends houses, at the gun club if you belong, and then go elseware. Another thing that is a plus is that you have a good gun belt. One that is made to support the extra weight of the holster, gun and hold your pants up. Other posters here have already made excellent recommendations for the holsters.

For belts try Andy Langlois here, The Belt Man, Crossbreed, and we had a customer get a Carhartt work belt that works fine for him.

Well, that's a relief. I've been walking around the house, travis bickle like, trying to get used to the weight of the weapon, going out back and wearing as I work the grill and experimenting with what clothing I own etc. And here I thought I was being weird (er) than usual. The belt is the next thing I'm grabbing, hopefully soon.

AngelKing,
I highly recommend that you practice, practice, then practice some more at home (especially in the bathroom there is a whole thred here about that), at friends houses, at the gun club if you belong, and then go elseware. Another thing that is a plus is that you have a good gun belt. One that is made to support the extra weight of the holster, gun and hold your pants up. Other posters here have already made excellent recommendations for the holsters.

For belts try Andy Langlois here, The Belt Man, Crossbreed, and we had a customer get a Carhartt work belt that works fine for him.

If you're really concerned, CCW in the house first until you're comfortable. I recommend also using a mirror to see what it is like to bend over and pick up someting when you are carrying concealed.

Hawaiian shirts make it easy in the warm weather, too.

if you want to check out a lot of holsters check out first defense in uxbridge. the owners of the store are awesome people and they have a whole wall dedicated to holsters.

They have Crossbreeds for the most popular carry guns, pretty good selection.

Most sheepies haven't even seen a gun up close....I wouldn't worry about them noticing it while concealed...printing isn't going to be an issue as long as you're not wearing spandex, they'll think it's the new 9000th generation I-touchyourselfpad3000 with built in lo-fi and hdfdyd10000mhz screen resolution....

Most won't even notice open carry and if they do they'll assume your a police officer if you're dressed semi-decent [laugh]

Also to get you over your stage fright i'd recommend carrying first to family type events. If you can keep it concealed and no one notices after the 700th aunt hugs you then you're good to go. And if anyone does notice they won't call the cops on you .... if they do your family sucks [smile].

Last edited:
Even if someone in mass sees your print it's cool because it's an open carry state. Don't be paranoid but don't be stupid either. No worries my man. Enjoy your new permit and freedom.

Where? Who? When? I've asked this before for people to site this info. No one ever does.

It happened to my best friends second cousins history students father. I know this as a FACT because I read it in an email the was forwarded to me by my uncles ex-wife's step-niece's daughters second cousin who got the original notificationin an email from Bill Gates as a test of his new email system he was working on with AOL. I never did receive any money after forwarding it on to 520 people though...

FACT!

Back
Top Bottom