• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW at office

MJM

I work in an evironment where i am unable to carry on my person in my office. Not a policy, more of an attire issue and type of work issue. No i am not a male exotic dancer[laugh]. For those of you that cannot CC on person in an office setting what do you do?

Leave it at home, locked in the safe with five trigger locks on it in a hermetically sealed chamber fifty-seven feet below ground guarded by sharks with "lasers" on them. [smile]

Unless you are an Exotic dancer you should be able to find a holster that conceals well. I never use off body carry.

Belly bands / Smart carry / ankle / pocket / tuckables.. there are options.

Not sure what you're attire is in the office, but have you tried pocket carry? I wear "business casual" (dockers and a polo type shirt) everyday, and I pocket carry a 442 in a Desantis holster with no trouble at all. I have occasionally completely forgotten that I was carrying after sitting at my desk for an extended period of time.

Don't forget, if you have trouble concealing your typical carry gun in your work attire, that means you have the perfect reason to go buy another gun [smile].

yup, if you really want to carry, you can find a way.

Lots of us do.

+1 - if you want to do it you'll figure it out - get specific equipment to get done what you want, holsters and firearms and clothes that work well for the circumstances. We won't make fun of you for taking out the needle & thread (ok, maybe just a little? [wink])

I have even heard of a certain surgeon who wears a SIG strapped to his ankle under his OR scrubs while performing surgery. I guess he doesn't trust the anesthesiologists [laugh]

Oh and we have a hospital wide BAN on any "weapons" in the work place. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable around those bed pan weilding patients.

Last edited:
I work in an evironment where i am unable to carry on my person in my office. Not a policy, more of an attire issue and type of work issue. No i am not a male exotic dancer[laugh]. For those of you that cannot CC on person in an office setting what do you do?

Deep cover such as a smartcarry. Be careful if you wear it wrong your peepee may fall asleep. Reference my thread for that issue.

Or use a 5.11 tactical shirt for a holster that fits under a dress shirt.
Here I have a Glock 19, but a Glock 26 conceals better.
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35700

I assume you wear a shirt for work
I also assume you wear at least some sort of clothing to cover your junk

thanks guys. my attire is shirt and tie, dress pants. years ago wore "doctors" lab coat which has become somewhat passe, but would've been optimal if i desired CC during office hours. I was wondering about off body carry ie. in my desk, in my office. do people generally put pistol in a desk drawer, lock box, leave in briefcase or have a safe of sorts with rapid access in their office. Dont really want to CC during office hours but to and fro work i want to have it with me. also some access to it during work hours.

http://www.concealedcomfort.com/

I have no experience with this but looks like it could work. I'm not a big fan of having my cell in its own holster though.

I would be very interested to hear if anyone on NES has tried this holster. It ssems like the answere to the shorts and t shirt problem. I dont think I would want one in the chamber though. But carrying and racking the slide after draw has to be better than at home in the safe every time.

I have even heard of a certain surgeon who wears a SIG strapped to his ankle under his OR scrubs while performing surgery. I guess he doesn't trust the anesthesiologists [laugh]

I'd like to see that. I am in the OR 3 days a week and could not even fathom doing that. changing into scrubs and someone seeing that even in NH would probably not go over so well, but good for him.

Back
Top Bottom