• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCW and drinking

Status
Not open for further replies.
YES I have done a search! I am awaiting my LTC-A in the mail. I wanted to know what like minded peoples thoughts are for the subject.

A little backround. I have been a beer enthusiast for years. I LOVE beer. I'm not talking about getting intoxicated, but enjoying, and judging beer. I buy it, brew it, and professionally judge it. That said. I regularly imbibe 1-3 beers when I'm out.

As I understand in MA there is no set "limit" to what a man can legally drink while carrying. I plan to carry always. What do you LIKE MINDED folks do? If the answer is just to abstain, I am ok with that, although I don't agree. I just wanted to know the common consensus. Thank you.

I don't agree with the no set limit. Definitely don't think walking home from the bar after a drink or two, unarmed in Worcester, is a safe or something I would consider.

The law speaks only of being under the influence of alcohol. There is no limit. That said, how an individual officer might handle the situation will vary by town and by officer. Most would probably assume the same .08 limit for drivers but, personally, I'm not gambling on that. If I'm drinking at all, I'm not carrying. Its just not worth it. I don't drink all that much though. I make a judgement call when I leave the house as to whether its more important to carry or to have a drink.

You did a search and couldnt find a thread? Did you use google or just the search bar in the top right? There are tons of these threads floating around. They never end well... someone's panties always end up twisted.

Now say you've had a few drinks at home some one breaks in your house pulls a gun and you shoot them in self defense. Your under the influence of alcohol are you not allowed to shoot in self defense? How would that situation pan out?

Now say you've had a few drinks at home some one breaks in your house pulls a gun and you shoot them in self defense. Your under the influence of alcohol are you not allowed to shoot in self defense? How would that situation pan out?

The same way any shooting in MA will. You will be arrested, spend money defending yourself and maybe be acquitted. But you will be alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The same way any shooting in MA will. You will be arrested, spend money defending yourself and maybe be acquitted. But you will be alive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This.

Its not worth it trying to break your brain on hypotheticals. The best you can do is to use your best judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom