CCI Mini Mags

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I went to a shop today and they had Aguila Super extra and I decided to pick up a brick and see if it runs through my Mark IV.

Mike

Thank you guys for all the suggestions. I went to a shop today and they had Aguila Super extra and I decided to pick up a brick and see if it runs through my Mark IV.

Mike

My Mark IV has zero issues with any standard velocity ammo. Have you had issues?

my SR22 loves the AR tactical 22. I go back and forth between those, mini mags and the Aguila super extra. Between the 3 the Aguila
is the only one I've had FTE issues with.

My Mark IV has zero issues with any standard velocity ammo. Have you had issues?
Hi Slap, I am having trouble with my Mark IV. Here is what i posted in another forum
Having trouble with Remington Thunderbolt & Golden Bullet
Hi All,

I recently purchased a Ruger Mark IV Target from my lgs. I took it home, cleaned it and then went to the range. After about 8 rounds i started to have FTEs and FTFs. It started to do this on both mags. On the second to last round this would happen. I took it home, cleaned it and ordered two new mags, thinking it was a mag issue. I went back to the range a week later. The gun ejected properly, but after the 8th round it wouldn't go into battery. It would pick up the next round, but the bolt wouldn't go forward all the way. I'm thinking that the ammo doesn't have enough velocity to get the bolt to function properly. I picked up some Winchester Super X. Hopefully this will solve the issue. Sorry about the rant. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike
I am not sure if it is a firearm issue or an ammo issue. In the last week I have purchased the following .22lr to see if it is an ammo problem. I havent had a chance to go to the range yet to test them.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
Hi Slap, I am having trouble with my Mark IV. Here is what i posted in another forum
I am not sure if it is a firearm issue or an ammo issue. In the last week I have purchased the following .22lr to see if it is an ammo problem. I havent had a chance to go to the range yet to test them.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Ok, for the record, thunderbolt sucks and the only i hate more in .22 is that Winchester x crap. You're probably good to use minimags for a bit but I used CCI SV and Golden Bullets from the start.

Ok, for the record, thunderbolt sucks and the only i hate more in .22 is that Winchester x crap. You're probably good to use minimags for a bit but I used CCI SV and Golden Bullets from the start.
Your not having trouble with GB? I'm getting FTF with those.

Back
Top Bottom