CCDL re: The Right To Carry in State Forests and Parks

Not sure how I missed this when it was first posted, but:
http://ccdl.us/blog/2013/10/26/right2carry-parks/

Don't know if it will do any good or not, but I did use the Malloy Supplication (a.k.a. Regulations Feedback) Form to respond.

It has always irked me that I cannot carry legally in state parks and forests.
from what i remember, its some fine they can levy, i dont believe that it is even a misdemeanor. i carry in state parks like beaches and hiking trails, but not in a hunting area because i dont want to be taken for a poacher.

I have gotten into arguments with several CCDL members on numerous occasions re this.

There are no laws prohibiting carry. They are regulations. Violating the regs are non-criminal infractions.

Make your own decision. I've spoken to a total of 3 CT conservation officers about this. All of them said the same thing. The law is designed around preventing poaching. If they catch you with a scoped 6" Model 29, they will prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law.

If they catch you with a Glock 26, they will remind you of the reg and send you on your way.
CT Conservation Officers are some of the most reasonable law enforcement officers you will ever meet. Over the course of hunting on state land for 20+ years, I've not met an idiot yet.

Most really care about the environment, and most are hunters and shooters themselves. This is not the case with most LEOs, who only see guns as bad things they must deal with as a threat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom