• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CCDL files lawsuit against state not processing applications.

allen-1

NES Member
From the post:
The CCDL was forced to bring suit after the Governor’s March 17, 2020 Executive Order 7E suspended Connecticut General Statute § 29-17c, the law requiring state and local law enforcement to fingerprint, and process the applications of, Connecticut residents seeking State-issued permits to legally purchase and possess firearms, ammunition and magazines. As a result of the Governor’s Executive Order, law enforcement throughout the state are refusing to collect fingerprints for firearms permit purposes, and are refusing to process firearms applications, even while fingerprinting and application processing continues for other purposes. Under Executive Order 7E, state and local law enforcement have effectively shut down the issuance of all firearm permits in Connecticut. The CCDL cannot allow such blatant disregard for its members’ rights to go unchallenged.

Federal judge finds for the CCDL and against the State of CT on temporary restraining order

I wish I knew more about how this stuff works, I wonder if it provides any leverage to push on those MA towns that aren't processing new LTC applications because of the fingerprinting requirement. I assume they're still out there but i'm guessing each town would have to be sued individually. Maybe a friendly letter on GOAL or Comm2A letterhead pointing out the ruling?

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ctd.139202/gov.uscourts.ctd.139202.70.0.pdf

IMG_2614.jpg

images

Doesn't really mean much. So each town sets up hours and sees 1 person per week. They are in compliance with the order, but not really clearing up the backlog.

I hope I'm wrong. But I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom