• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CC Question for the Experienced Folk

Definitely a tricky situation, I wear a suit/tie everyday but in a fairly close knit work environment I would have a hard time pretending I have the 'beetis or have a colostomy bag without some major follow up questions and then you're just lying to your coworkers/friends on a daily basis. Tucked IWB is really only viable if you are keeping the jacket on at all times....pocket carry in my pants with a snubbie is very evident....I can keep it in the vest pocket of my jacket/sport coat but then I might as well just stick with IWB @4 o'clock and keep the jacket on anyway. My workplace doesn't allow CCW so I just don't carry most of the time but if I did I guess I'd just keep the jacket on....an NAA 22 or similar might hide well enough to not be an issue but that's a whole different thing. Quite the conundrum!!

Galco Tuck N Go. It uses a single J shaped clip that goes under the belt and is very unobtrusive with a black belt and dark trousers.

i dont know if its available still but i had a shoulder holster that was made of a medical elastic type wrap that i carried a glock 23 in. its deep cover and with the right shirt and gun, you could remove your jacket. i havent used it in a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Just say "it's part of the belt"? I doubt anyone would question it further. Anyways, I pocket carry at work.
clip a cell phone right next to it

"It's a medical device that may save my life one day." it perforates the bad guy causing him to bleed and die, so ya, medical device is the way to go.

I read this entire thread and I still can't figure out how you could have a holster clip on your belt and be able to tuck your shirt in. How does it work?

I would ask them why are they looking that low at your body,and do they want to give you a service call.

Jobs are hard to get an Harf to keep. And potentially anything can out a person on the short list for the next round of layoffs.

Medical questions leading to questions and rumors can easily bump a person up that list.

I'd go ankle or pocket carry and completely concealed. Means generally a smaller gun. But also a smaller chance of being outed.

Shorts and pocket carry if it's that hot.

Insulin pump..

My job would be too hard to CC on my waist, so I ankle carry a 642 snubby. Only question Ive ever gotten was why I still wear jeans when the shop is 110* lol

It's my funny Mormon underwear. If it's good enough for mittens it's good enough for me. And if fired for what ever reason down the road you can claim religious persecution.

Smart carry is about as discreet as one can get. I wouldnt risk a tuckable holster in an NPE.
I just can't get it to be comfortable for more than a couple of hours. Also, the draw is really, really slow.

Say you are CC'ing in a professional workplace (Shirt and Tie). I'm wondering if anyone has encountered someone asking what the holster clips were and how you handled it/what came of it?

"They're clips to keep my holster in place"

Say you are CC'ing in a professional workplace (Shirt and Tie). I'm wondering if anyone has encountered someone asking what the holster clips were and how you handled it/what came of it?

Find a way to secure your phone to cover the clips? Not optimal, but it could work.

edit: or make up a medical excuse, act embarrassed, never be asked about it again.

I just can't get it to be comfortable for more than a couple of hours. Also, the draw is really, really slow.
I found the draw to be relatively fast if the shirt was tucked behind the waist strap, and if you used your non-shooting hand to help clear your pants. Definitely not fast if you are sitting though.

But it probably isnt for everyone. I think they offer a 30 day return policy.

Back
Top Bottom