• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CC Question for the Experienced Folk

USA

Say you are CC'ing in a professional workplace (Shirt and Tie). I'm wondering if anyone has encountered someone asking what the holster clips were and how you handled it/what came of it?

In that setting I wouldn't use that type of clip. They have ones that go behind the belt and just under the edge so it's not as obvious. Also in that situation I'd be more likely to carry a pocket pistol.

- - - Updated - - -

They have ones you can tuck the shirt in.

If the clips/loops are visible, isn't the pistol?

If I can't wear an un-tucked shirt I wear a sportsjacket or other cover garment (jacket, shirt-jac, etc.) over it.

These days it seems more common to wear a jacket with no tie, than the other way around.

Last edited:
Just say "it's part of the belt"? I doubt anyone would question it further. Anyways, I pocket carry at work.

Say you are CC'ing in a professional workplace (Shirt and Tie). I'm wondering if anyone has encountered someone asking what the holster clips were and how you handled it/what came of it?

Bizzare question, considering that anyone who is adept at spotting such things probably already knows what they are.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I'd bail on the tuckabe and go iwb at 3:30-4:00 on my dial.

Problem is for formal clothing you have to tuck the shirt, so you need to use something that gets around this problem. This means a tuckable holster. Which usually uses sneaky clips to secure itself to your belt. Other than constantly wearing a jacket or something like that, the clips are difficult to conceal.

-Mike

Insulin pump..

My job would be too hard to CC on my waist, so I ankle carry a 642 snubby. Only question Ive ever gotten was why I still wear jeans when the shop is 110* lol

I understand your question as I carry every day at the office with a "tuckable" in the waist band holster. The clips blend in with the black belt and are barely visible. My rather generous build helps as well and my dress shirts are not SO tailored that it prints. Actually the opposite, the dress shirt "blouses" a little over the pistol and prevents it from printing/showing.

84TA406 just gave me a great idea in case anyone WERE to ask, which I highly doubt.

It's a colostomy bag! They'll never ask again. [smile][wink]

You could just say it's a clip to hold your keys... That's my plan when I wear my Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB tucked inside my dress shirt. It's a single clip so it makes sense. If they continue to ask questions just tell them to SHUT THE F**K UP!!!! The older I get the more I despise @$$holes that feel compelled to pry into my business.

Keeping with the medical theme,

Tell them it's the control box for your LVAD. Your doctor doesn't think that you'll have it long because prom season is coming up and you'll probably have a new heart by Memorial Day.

Tell them it's an external defibrillator because your heary has been acting funny of late.

Tell them it's a belt clip for you leg bag so it doesn't fall on the floor.

Tell them it's the pump for your penile implant.

Chances are they won't ask again.

I don't use a holster like that.

If I did and someone asked, I would act embarrassed and say that it is a medical device.

My kneejerk reaction was also insulin pump,
but all the other medical answers are A-OK, too.

Be prepared to double down about how
when you returned to work after the procedure,
Personnel assured you that to merely ask the question
constituted an ADA HIPPA Microaggression Firing Offense.

Maybe say that those in the know call it an "AHMFO".

To be completely serious for a minute, I would say it is for a medical device and I don't want to discuss it. That should end any potential follow up questions and if not, just ignore and walk away.

Calm, straight face, "It's my holster", turn away and go on with what you were doing.

Just kidding, I like the "Medical Device" responce.

If the clips/loops are visible, isn't the pistol?
Eta I suppose you mean one of those deep cover dealies.

Holsters like the Crossbreed Supertuck are tuckable.

To the OP. I never trusted my job to people's ignorance or inability to notice the clips.

When I worked for a major Pharma company, If I knew I could keep a sportcoat on all day (which was rarely), i"d carry my G19 with the shirt tucked inside the holster. Most of the time I pocket carried a Kahr P380. It is small and light enough so its not a problem in dress pants pockets.

When I was part of a small startup in Cambridge, I typically wore an untucked T shirt with a G26 under it. I didn't care if I printed like the NY Times.

Don

- - - Updated - - -

I don't use a holster like that.

If I did and someone asked, I would act embarrassed and say that it is a medical device.

Particularly with crossbreed, someone who knows, willthen KNOW you are carrying. At least with unmarked clips you have deniability.

Tell them it keeps the string at the end of your anal beads from getting sucked in. Then enthusiastically ask if they want to see and start to undo your belt.

Back
Top Bottom