• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CC in NH liquor stores

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no such law. Been in a number of NH liquor stores, always armed, no big deal.

Just need a NH license and conceal it, done.

[I know it is legal to open carry. Never seen anyone do it outside a gun range however.]

Well, there is ONE New Hampshire liquor store where carry is forbidden

As previously mentioned, that which is not explicitly forbidden by law is permitted in New Hampshire.

When I moved here it took me a while to grow comfortable with the idea of state run wine & liquor stores and a near monopoly on liquor sales. Unlike some other states, NH does a good job at it -- store hours are great, the selection is pretty good, and you can't beat the online inventory. If somebody is going to make money selling hard liquor, I suppose the state is better than the mafia.

Last edited:
You generally won't find a law that says "it is OK to do X". More likely, you will see a law that says "it is against the law to do Y".

As previously mentioned, that which is not explicitly forbidden by law is permitted in New Hampshire.

When I moved here it took me a while to grow comfortable with the idea of state run wine & liquor stores and a near monopoly on liquor sales. Unlike some other states, NH does a good job at it -- store hours are great, the selection is pretty good, and you can't beat the online inventory. If somebody is going to make money selling hard liquor, I suppose the state is better than the mafia.

but but but, NH is FREEEEEEEEEEEEE*

*certain things selectively left out when mentioned

I find flasks work well for me when I conceal carry alcohol. I know some people like 6-packs or box wine, but it's just too bulky for me. The wine in a soda can is great for open carry though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, sour grapes much?

I find flasks work well for me when I conceal carry alcohol. I know some people like 6-packs or box wine, but it's just too bulky for me. The wine in a soda can is great for open carry though.
Bota bag, the original concealed carry.
526-bota-bag.gif

And horror of horrors, we have to pay for our booze, it isn't free -- but it is cheaper than anywhere else in New England.

Since this is gonna turn into a circus anyway, gtfo with that bull...this is an instance in which the state can derive revenue without arbitrarily adding a tax to something, a la the Commonwealth. As stated, they actually do it very well, and judging by the throngs of red and white license plates in the parking lot, considerably cheaper than the private stores to the south. If shit like this is all you people can parade out to liken NH to the Commonwealth, then just give it up.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

That all being said, it would be nice if they were just another component of the market, not the monopoly holder; and I bet they'd still do it better

Since this is gonna turn into a circus anyway, gtfo with that bull...this is an instance in which the state can derive revenue without arbitrarily adding a tax to something, a la the Commonwealth. As stated, they actually do it very well, and judging by the throngs of red and white license plates in the parking lot, considerably cheaper than the private stores to the south. If shit like this is all you people can parade out to liken NH to the Commonwealth, then just give it up.

Not to mention pretty much every state regulates the piss out of alcohol... so MA is really that much better when the state creates an alcohol mafia of like a handful of distributors allowed to sell alcohol in MA... that situation is soooooo infinitely better... Apparently government regulation is great when it's concealed from the public. [rofl]

-Mike

I can't seem to find the nh law that speaks to this.. can someone point me to this please. Thanks
Since we went off on a tangent, here is the complete law about where one may or may not carry guns in NH:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xii/159/159-mrg.htm

Here is the entire list of prohibited places, in 159:19... "No person shall knowingly carry a loaded or unloaded pistol, revolver, or firearm or any other deadly weapon as defined in RSA 625:11, V, whether open or concealed or whether licensed or unlicensed, upon the person or within any of the person's possessions owned or within the person's control in a courtroom or area used by a court."

NH state liquor stores are so popular among outsiders that they accept Canadian $ too

That all being said, it would be nice if they were just another component of the market, not the monopoly holder; and I bet they'd still do it better
Exactly.

On an interesting side note, the state-pwned stores do not have a 100% monopoly on liquor sales. There are a few exceptions, including distilleries selling direct to the publi and even provisions for a private Liquor Agency License (currently only one retailer holds such a license).

Exactly.

On an interesting side note, the state-pwned stores do not have a 100% monopoly on liquor sales. There are a few exceptions, including distilleries selling direct to the publi and even provisions for a private Liquor Agency License (currently only one retailer holds such a license).

I don't know NH liquor sales laws, but Costco sells liquor in Nashua, at least wine and beer, don't recall if they sell hard stuff at that store or not. We really like Meridian wines, a small CA winery. The same wines were $1 in the Nashua Costco than the Waltham, MA Costco and the NH State Liquor stores were $2-3 more than Costco. Of course, no Costco seems to carry that brand anymore. So not everything is cheaper in NH.

NH state stores only sell +6% booze

I don't know NH liquor sales laws, but Costco sells liquor in Nashua, at least wine and beer, don't recall if they sell hard stuff at that store or not.
I think anybody with a pulse and a birthday +21 years ago can get a license to sell wine and beer in New Hampshire.

Last edited:
Thank-You all so much. I did read the handgunlaw.us for NH and it did indicate that the only place one cannot CC is in a court room or places of the courts but I thought that maybe there were additional laws but could not find them.

This explains why.. Again Thanks folks!!!

The "Country Mile" in Greenville, NH sells all liquor - Beer, wine, the good stuff... It is not a State owned liquor store. They also have cheap gas too.

The "Country Mile" in Greenville, NH sells all liquor - Beer, wine, the good stuff... It is not a State owned liquor store. They also have cheap gas too.

No, it isn't, but its one of like two state sanctioned private outlets that sell hard liquor. I think they even run the same specials and everything, My guess is the state gives CM a cut of the profit.

-Mike

Thank-You all so much. I did read the handgunlaw.us for NH and it did indicate that the only place one cannot CC is in a court room or places of the courts but I thought that maybe there were additional laws but could not find them.

This explains why.. Again Thanks folks!!!

This
Is
NEW HAMPSHIRE!!!

Not A$$achusetts... [rofl2]

Except for the courts, carry where you want (personal decision)... 99.9999995% chance that zero fvcks will be given by NH residents (or non-moonbats/fudds).

Open or conceled it really doesn't matter as long as you don't bring it to a court appearence, and you're not drunk....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom