• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CBS Wants to Interview On-line Purchasers

KD, but they WILL twist it around in the editing room so that our position will NOT be properly represented.

I'm in the never trust the media camp, and I once was one a very long time ago.

I've been very happy the all my interactions with the media. In addition to the the stories that have mentioned Comm2A I've done a couple of background interviews and have been very happy with the result.

How about "I bought a gun that is in common use but when it arrived at a Mass FFL, they wouldn't transfer it to me, even though I am properly licensed, out of fear of a crackdown from the AGs office, who threatens to fine licensed dealers who transfer handguns that, while on the EOPS list of approved handguns, may (or may not ) comply with some vague regulations they rolled out to make gun owners lives more difficult. I then had the option of selling it out of state and paying the MA FFL to ship it for me, or selling it to a LEO, because the laws don't seem to apply to them the same way"

I wouldn't. Bad enough some want to make a public list of gun owners and our addresses. Id rather make them work for the info instead of giving it out to the country on a "special". They won't give your address most likely, but how many people might say "hey I know where that guy is from"? Perhaps the wrong types of people could recognize you. Now it's not only big brother looking you up, but criminals as well. Rather let the criminals be surprised instead of them being prepared.

If you don't do this:
**** it, I'll email him back. I'm a decent enough speaker, and its better than some bumbling fool making us look retarded. Someone will say yes, better those of us who can talk.

Mike

You'll get some bumbling fool of a FUDD explaning how things work for on-line sales.

I wouldn't. Bad enough some want to make a public list of gun owners and our addresses. Id rather make them work for the info instead of giving it out to the country on a "special". They won't give your address most likely, but how many people might say "hey I know where that guy is from"? Perhaps the wrong types of people could recognize you. Now it's not only big brother looking you up, but criminals as well. Rather let the criminals be surprised instead of them being prepared.

Maybe they could change your voice or put up a screen so all that is seen is a shadow...

How about "I bought a gun that is in common use but when it arrived at a Mass FFL, they wouldn't transfer it to me, even though I am properly licensed, out of fear of a crackdown from the AGs office, who threatens to fine licensed dealers who transfer handguns that, while on the EOPS list of approved handguns, may (or may not ) comply with some vague regulations they rolled out to make gun owners lives more difficult. I then had the option of selling it out of state and paying the MA FFL to ship it for me, or selling it to a LEO, because the laws don't seem to apply to them the same way"
They'd never print/play it but that's ****ing gold, nice job!

They will most likely get some liberal activist to pretend to be a gun owner, tell them that he bought an M16 on ebay and had it mailed directly to his home, along with many 'high capacity clips' and numerous 'bullets'. They will blur out the guys face for his own protection, and they will not bother to fact-check his BS story.

i just told the guy i bought a full auto uzi with prepaid green dot cards and it was shipped to my doorstep without the seller even knowng my real name.

You should engage. I dislike the MSM as well but a policy of never engaging on issues impacting our rights means they will do what they want to mislead. Because they will generally do what they want anyway, there is not much, if anything, to lose. But as we do see from time to time, even the worst -- like CNN -- occasionally air somewhat more balanced pieces. At some point, the truth becomes hard to suppress. It is more easily suppressed if we do not engage.

Tell them to buy one on gunbroker, have it shipped to a MA dealer, be unable to transfer, and then have to send it back. Then post the feedback comments they receive from the seller.

I tend to believe they already know how they want the story to go, what politicians they plan to interview to stop it. It could turn into a campaign ad for Marsha.

Remember the media - they brought you the Exploding Chevy Trucks Story (with the igniter in the gas tank) and the Bush National Guard Story (with proportionally spaced, super and sub script, original typed documents from the 1970's).

Just make sure when you sign the release it doesn't have a clause 'about editing for time/content/direction/meaning'. Katie Couric interviewed Sarah Palin for 3 hours, and used 5 minutes.

Media is trolling for someone to say something stupid. They would probably need to cut and paste or take out of context.

But that is what they get the big bucks for.

What do you think they are looking for anyway?

I see a whole ton of unsourced typical NES FUD contrasting with someone with actual knowledge and experience with the exact opposite opinion. I know which I'm more likely to credit.

Call them up and tell them straight up your recording the conversation for your own records. And see if they still want to proceed.

Last edited:
Would be great if they could speak with someone extremely knowledgeable like Cekim or Rob B. (for example) rather than a know-nothing FUDD that will most certainly damage our cause.

Their next story would be about how marsha saved the commonwealth by making rickinma sell a gun so dangerous it couldn't even be handled by LE. Cut to the youtube video of the atf agent shooting himself in the foot in front of a classroom full of kids. Cut to marsha 2016 sign.

Back
Top Bottom