• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CBS Finally Figures Out There's An Ammo Shortage

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Yeah, I'd say they're a little late to the party:

What's behind the national ammo shortage?

It's a question many hunters and gun enthusiasts across the country have been asking for months: Where's the ammo?

Subsistence hunters in Alaska usually spend this time of year preparing for the return of seals and migratory birds to the Bering Straits region. But this year many are preoccupied by the state-wide shortage of .22-caliber shells, one of the most popular and common types of ammunition in the world.

Along with low supplies of other ammunition, such as 300-, .303- and .243-caliber shells,"We've also been having a hard time getting some .22 shells," Mary Ungut, manager of the Native Store in Gambell, on St. Lawrence Island, recently told KNOM radio. "It seems that the price is increasing, too."

That lack of ammunition has been a problem in the lower 48, too. Some gun enthusiasts have published updates on YouTube and other social media keeping fellow gun-owners updated on ammo availability. But retailers are also biting the bullet, when it comes to supplies.

"Two years ago, when I was buying ammunition, I could buy .22 by the pallet-load," Jonathan Southwick with Ammo Inc., of Otsego, Michigan, lamented to CBS station WWMT-TV, "and now they're putting restrictions on how much you can get and how you get that ammo."

Full Story >>> http://www.cbsnews.com/news/whats-behind-the-national-ammunition-shortage/

Thats potentially good news for us. It could be the light at the end of the tunnel.

Often, by the time someone in the media catches wind of something, thinks it over and decides it has potential as a story, pitches to an editor who in turn thinks it over and decides it has potential, time spent traveling, researching, interviewing, editing, production, and finally broadcast/publication- the original subject (bull market, ammo shortage, etc) has run its course.

I don't even purchase .22 anymore. I refuse to buy into all this nonsensical bs of people driving around hunting for .22 as if it will never be made again. Ridiculous. Spending a premium on garbage ammo is lunacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom