• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cavalry Arms - Nylon Polymer Lower Reciever?

There are a few threads on ARFCOM by guys who have built these up...including some ridiculously low-weight rigs.

ETA: I'm looking for, but cannot find the thread I saw.

Last edited:
I have a different polymer lower and have put together a very lightweight AR carbine. I had to return the barrel and am waiting for a replacement but with the right parts, you can build something just a little heavier than a S&W 15-22. Obviously optics and ammo bumps the weight up, but the unloaded rifle is very light. Once I get the replacement barrel I was going to post up a build report for folks wanting ideas.

Put this lower together with one of the Chiappa/ATI uppers with the polymer receiver, and you'd have a mighty light dedicated .22LR AR.

A .22 would be a fun practice rig. It doesn't seem like there are too many unhappy people out there that have built them. I think I might give a .556 version a whirl. The collapsable stock plum crazy version looks interesting so maybe ill take a look at those. I'll post progress if I get it going.

Back
Top Bottom