• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Caution about buying Magazines at Mass Gun Show

You know i could almost look past them selling no-no mags if they were selling them for $12, then its a case of "to good to be true" but to make a profit like that is pretty shitty.

So it's ok for them to sell felonies, as long as it's a cheap felony? [laugh]

I agree they misrepresent their merchandise. Gun vendors won't be the
first and the last to do this, though.

-Mike

O.K....I looked on the side of the 30 round magazine and it looks like it says IWI and it looks like it has a crown type symbol on the top of the W. That's the only other marking on it except for the X090 on the other side. Anyone recognize the manufacturer?

I got a couple dumb questions...since I'm not an AR owner I haven't stayed in close touch with the pre and post ban magazine issue. Do all the post ban magazines have date stamps in the same location? Since the federal ban is off the books is it required to maintain the date stamp and military/law enforcement references on post ban magazines? Are manufacturers still required to make newly made magazines distinguishable from pre ban magazines? Also, if you inadvertantly come into possession of a post ban mag can you put a block under the follower to make it a legal 10 round magazine?

I got a couple dumb questions...since I'm not an AR owner I haven't stayed in close touch with the pre and post ban magazine issue. Do all the post ban magazines have date stamps in the same location? Since the federal ban is off the books is it required to maintain the date stamp and military/law enforcement references on post ban magazines? Are manufacturers still required to make newly made magazines distinguishable from pre ban magazines? Also, if you inadvertantly come into possession of a post ban mag can you put a block under the follower to make it a legal 10 round magazine?

a lot of new ar mags dont have date stamps which makes it difficult or impossible to distinguish from pre-ban.

I got a couple dumb questions...since I'm not an AR owner I haven't stayed in close touch with the pre and post ban magazine issue. Do all the post ban magazines have date stamps in the same location? Since the federal ban is off the books is it required to maintain the date stamp and military/law enforcement references on post ban magazines? Are manufacturers still required to make newly made magazines distinguishable from pre ban magazines?

Basically, you have to do a lot of research to make sure that it's not a felony to own it.

I have an idea how bout all of us rambling on here call our state reps and congressman and have these stupid unenforceable foolish laws changed. They do nothing but cause headaches for law abiding TAX PAYING citizens. Its wrong and unconstitutional and I am fed up.

- - - Updated - - -

I have an idea how bout all of us rambling on here call our state reps and congressman and have these stupid unenforceable foolish laws changed. They do nothing but cause headaches for law abiding TAX PAYING citizens. Its wrong and unconstitutional and I am fed up.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Seems there is an echo in here...

What do you mean by that?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

thx for the mag info , I had bought some at an estate sale few yrs back wasn't sure about the age appears I have some nice Vietnam era mags and one collector mag too. thxs again

Back
Top Bottom