Caught on tape: Bison attacks woman at Yellowstone Park

Greg

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I was hoping to see someone get their head squashed like a grape..Why was there a graphic footage warning ?

Every 50 ft there are signs in Yellowstone warning people that bisons are not to be approached and you can get gored.

Stupid humans,they should have got killed as a warning to other stupid humans.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know a bison farmer. He carries a BIG gun with him when he goes out on his tractor in the bison fields. If one gets loose, he and his team all carry multiple big guns. These are not cows, they are ornery wild animals.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
At least she gets her 15 minutes of fame. Hopefully that's all. The scenery in the PARKing lot is so beautiful this time of year.

I suspect the object was something from the gift shop, most of the loose stuff has already been pilfered by now.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These signs are posted for a reason.

But.. but.. there's no sign telling them not to throw sticks! It's not their fault, how were they to know?!!?!?!?

The bison could have at least smashed the guys nads to chlorinate the gene pool.

cekim

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
But.. but.. there's no sign telling them not to throw sticks! It's not their fault, how were they to know?!!?!?!?

The bison could have at least smashed the guys nads to chlorinate the gene pool.
And geez c'mon, in the progressive dream world, clearly the government would have anticipated that you'd ignore the sign and made it safe. They are just leaving themselves some margin right?

I mean, if they don't stop me from the getting to the Bison it must be safe right? Right?

Just like texting while driving. Until they write a law, it must be safe right?

[thinking]

It would be funnier if it weren't true...

Titan

Banned
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Chalk up another insane act for stupid fat guys in shorts with pasty white legs!

Lesson learned:
Provoke a wild animal by throwing things at it and you will be attacked!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It appeared from the video that the guy who threw the wood at the bison was the woman friend, but she was married. Which means there is a husband somewhere. If my wife was somewhere with a friend, and the friend did something this stupid and my wife got injured for it, I'd kick that guy's ass.
the wifes friend is her BIL if the other versions of the story are true. Also the piece of wood that hit the creature actually appears to have been stuck to the horn of the bison and he hit himself with it.

cekim

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Did we already review of the rules of bison safety? Never point your Bison at anything you do not want destroyed. Keep your finger off the Bison until you are ready to fire. Be aware of what's beyond your Bison. Always assume a Bison is loaded. What did I miss?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I took the family to Yellowstone about 5 years ago and we drove around looking at the animals. A couple of Bison blocked the road and we waited for them to move. A bunch of Japanese tourists got out of their cars and started filming until the Bison started knocking them down. It was pretty damn funny
At that point, YOU should start filming.

Did we already review of the rules of bison safety? Never point your Bison at anything you do not want destroyed. Keep your finger off the Bison until you are ready to fire. Be aware of what's beyond your Bison. Always assume a Bison is loaded. What did I miss?
[rofl]

What's a BIL?
Brother In Law.

Admin

Staff member
Administrator
NES Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
[rofl] i never quite understood why people feel the urge to get "close up" to an animal that kill them. [laugh]
Not only that but when you see a buffalo kicking up dirt when you're standing 5 feet away it's not because he's looking for the bottle opener... The human survival instinct has almost completely been bred out.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I make a point not to annoy animals that weigh 10x as much as I do and are faster than me.

Edit to add: according to Wiki between 1978 and 1992 56 people were injured or killed by Bison in Yellowstone.... don't mess with an animal that can be up to 2200lb and run at 35mph.
i think we need to ban the bison... i mean really... in just 14 years time over 56 people were injured or killed? if banning bison can save the life of just one moron that decided to be a jerka$$ and get too close

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No one has told the bison joke yet. I'm surprised.

The punchline is: "... a bison's what you wash up in, mate!"

Anyone got the joke?

Top Bottom