• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cat vs. Coyote

I lost a cat over the summer, most likely to a coyote, but maybe a fox or fisher cat, or even a hawk or owl. He was a pretty good friend, and we are all still bummed out over it. That's life in coyote country though.

What a nitwit. It's not part wolf. It's part coyote and the other part is more coyote. As far as I'm concerned any animal that eats a cat is okay in my book. It could be part Tazmanian Devil, as long as it keeps eating cats.
Actually it is part wolf. Our eastern coyotes are part wolf. Search for documentary Coydog, came out last year I believe on our local PBS. They lay out the whole deal how the genetic mixing came about. I was just in Montana last week hunting and had two very close encounters with two different coyotes, I've had them here hunting many times as well, ours are noticeably larger.

I lost a cat over the summer, most likely to a coyote, but maybe a fox or fisher cat, or even a hawk or owl. He was a pretty good friend, and we are all still bummed out over it. That's life in coyote country though.
As long as you are the type that understands that outdoor cats are subject to predation.....it is what it is.

Actually it is part wolf. Our eastern coyotes are part wolf. Search for documentary Coydog, came out last year I believe on our local PBS. They lay out the whole deal how the genetic mixing came about. I was just in Montana last week hunting and had two very close encounters with two different coyotes, I've had them here hunting many times as well, ours are noticeably larger.
Seen a good sized one in groveland couple weeks ago. About 7am driving to go hunting and it was smack in the middle of a field with a couple of cows in it. Cows didn't seem concerned. It was definitely a coyote.

Also seen a ton of scat on the trails leading into crane pond WMA.......scat was full of fur. Not a couple of piles ........many piles. Coyotes are around.

CoyotewcatinmouthtakeninNewton111817PERMISSIONOKfromphotographerJoyceHynds.jpg
Nice 55 pounder, couldn’t happen in a better neighborhood. Anti hunting ,anti gun town. On the upside ,I bet their nuisance turkey numbers are low!

^^^this...coywolf...mixing coyote, dog and wolf

http://www.providencejournal.com/ne...art-wolf-showing-increasingly-wolflike-traits

CoyotewcatinmouthtakeninNewton111817PERMISSIONOKfromphotographerJoyceHynds.jpg

Nice 55 pounder, couldn’t happen in a better neighborhood. Anti hunting ,anti gun town. On the upside ,I bet their nuisance turkey numbers are low!

Instead of letting people hunt coyotes themselves, they will probably want to call in "professional animal control" people. Saw the news last night, where the cops tried to taser a coyote. They seemed surprised it was unsuccessful. Idiots (lady+news+cops).

Almost every telephone pole in my neighborhood has a "missing cat or small dog" photo/description flyer nailed to it. Those pets aren't missing, they were a nice, quick meal for a hungry coyote! Unfortunate but true....

Grill Smoked Cat
Use fillets that are no more than 1 inch thick. Sides from big cat or coyote can be sliced into 3/4 inch thick strips. Marinade recipe makes enough for 3 pounds of cat or yote.

Teriyaki Marinade
3 cups bottled teriyaki sauce
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 or 4 green onions, chopped,green tops included
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated

Combine marinade ingredients. Pour over 3 pounds of cat or yote in a seal-able plastic container, like Tupperware. Marinate at least 12 hours, and up to 2 days. Longer marinating will give a deeper flavor to the fillets!

Grill Smoking Marinated Cat

Preheat your charcoal or gas grill to medium high. Wrap a handful of smoke wood chips, whatever you prefer, in foil and place over heat, but not directly under where the fillet will be grilled. Grill over direct heat for 3 to 4 minutes per side.

The smoky teriyaki flavor of these fillets is something you have to taste to believe. I think you'll really like 'em!

I lost a cat around the 4th of July, most likely to a coyote or fisher cat. Saw a dead coyote on the main drag a day or 2 later, and am guessing he got greedy and got picked off by a car or truck. Only let the other cat out when we are out in the yard now. Hear coyotes pretty much every night.

a $1500 cat? never go full retard.

This is what i was thinking....coyote in Newton is not rare...a 1500 dollar cat and someone willing to pay that much for it is.

Other than that fxck these moonbats, they reap what they sow, since I'm sure the town is 90% anti hunters probably. I wouldnt kill their coyotes or their deer for them.

Back
Top Bottom