• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cast my first boolits today

HA!
Yepper
While castboolits.com has some good info in the faq's (which you'll need to take 3 or 4 days to read them all) they are rather fuddish when it comes to a lot of things.
Powder coating over there is blasphemy.
Lot of good info, but ask a question and by the 5th replay it turns into "Well, I don't load for that caliber pistol, but my 45/70 and 30/30 lever guns like this load that has absolutely nothing to do with what you asked. And I only use a single stage press. "
Kinda like an old-timey version of the reloading pages on book face.

HA!
Yepper
While castboolits.com has some good info in the faq's (which you'll need to take 3 or 4 days to read them all) they are rather fuddish when it comes to a lot of things.
Lot of good info, but ask a question and by the 5th replay it turns into "Well, I don't load for that caliber pistol, but my 45/70 and 30/30 lever guns like this load that has absolutely nothing to do with what you asked. And I only use a single stage press. "

I’ve seen that to an extent but that comes with the territory. We have plenty of guys on here that don’t reload 45/70 because it’s an old fudd cartridge, reloading is a waste of money because I get a great deal on my steel case 9 and lead bullets don’t work.
You kind of get a response based off the local experience of lack there of.
I like that there not afraid to play around and try new loads or wildcatting. Not a good resource for 6.5 Grendel though. Too new for most of them.
The coating is taking hold over there though.

I’ve seen that to an extent but that comes with the territory. We have plenty of guys on here that don’t reload 45/70 because it’s an old fudd cartridge, reloading is a waste of money because I get a great deal on my steel case 9 and lead bullets don’t work.
You kind of get a response based off the local experience of lack there of.
I like that there not afraid to play around and try new loads or wildcatting. Not a good resource for 6.5 Grendel though. Too new for most of them.
The coating is taking hold over there though.
Lost of those guys cast so many different 6.5somethings
I only know one person who tried running 6.5 grendal cast
through his AR platform. Used a reduced load with H4895.
130 grain bullet. i dont think he put a lot into it.
Now if 6.5 grendal was chambered in some old surplus rifles it be different.

HA!
Yepper
I think many rejected powder coating as it added more steps , gear and cost to the mix. Many like to just drop the boolits , and tumble lube them.
I also get the "those cast loads wont work in xyz" my AR,Garand work and I get some gold trinkets with my 1903a3 once in a while.
Also the nay sayers generally never eve heard of long range sillohette with black powder and 500 grain slugs

I wonder how many Civil War fatalities and buffalo were taken with jacketed bullets.
I'm not opposed to technological advances, but let's not forget where we're coming from...

Back
Top Bottom