Casper the Friendly Ghost Gun; BFYTW.

the most radical art i allow on my lowers is that stupid spider logo on a spikes BUT well done on the machining skills. [thumbsup]

In the text nomenclature of the day, Al Pacino would say. . . .

f94.jpg

Sent out.

I looked into cerakote and anodizing - and given that my painting sucks - brush or can - I'm not doing it.
Awesome. I keep idly wondering, and being too lazy to check, if there was anyone that offers the service for finished 80% lowers. Which is probably a function of my not understanding the intricacies of that part of the rules.

Awesome. I keep idly wondering, and being too lazy to check, if there was anyone that offers the service for finished 80% lowers. Which is probably a function of my not understanding the intricacies of that part of the rules.

Same as a gunsmith; needs to be an FFL, (because my lower is a "firearm").
I deliver lower, he logs it, he coats it, I pay him and pick it up, he takes it out of his logbook.

Hmm. Lower isn't a firearm in Massachusetts - so not sure if same applies there.

Same as a gunsmith; needs to be an FFL, (because my lower is a "firearm").
I deliver lower, he logs it, he coats it, I pay him and pick it up, he takes it out of his logbook.

Hmm. Lower isn't a firearm in Massachusetts - so not sure if same applies there.
My guess - and that's all it is - is that since federally it's still a firearm, it'll be a similar process.

Is this on the Ghost Gunner 2 or the original? I’m contemplating putting a deposit down on the 3. Is it fairly user friendly? Seems to be mixed reviews out there, but for roughly $2,100 all in for the 3rd version it would be a cool device to have at home or in a small workshop that didn’t have access to a mill/drill press/lathe etc

Is this on the Ghost Gunner 2 or the original? I’m contemplating putting a deposit down on the 3. Is it fairly user friendly? Seems to be mixed reviews out there, but for roughly $2,100 all in for the 3rd version it would be a cool device to have at home or in a small workshop that didn’t have access to a mill/drill press/lathe etc

GG2. Version 3 looks intriguing, but I've got all the functionality I need with the version 2 and there are other things I want, (like a second loading press).

There's a very active user community, and the code that's out there to mill and engrave is very user friendly. GG3 is faster and you can do more with it than the GG2. If I were buying one today, I'd put my deposit down on the GG3 and wait.

Be warned that Defense Distributed doesn't do well in the communications area - people put down deposits, send in remainder of payment and then wait. I have NOT heard that they've ripped anyone off - just that they have difficulties meeting promised delivery dates and that they don't keep people informed.

GG2. Version 3 looks intriguing, but I've got all the functionality I need with the version 2 and there are other things I want, (like a second loading press).

There's a very active user community, and the code that's out there to mill and engrave is very user friendly. GG3 is faster and you can do more with it than the GG2. If I were buying one today, I'd put my deposit down on the GG3 and wait.

Be warned that Defense Distributed doesn't do well in the communications area - people put down deposits, send in remainder of payment and then wait. I have NOT heard that they've ripped anyone off - just that they have difficulties meeting promised delivery dates and that they don't keep people informed.

Do you know how long from sending in remainder of payment to waiting until the product comes in?

Definitely glad to know they haven’t ripped anyone off, but concerning there’s no regular updates after payment is sent in!

Do you know how long from sending in remainder of payment to waiting until the product comes in?

Definitely glad to know they haven’t ripped anyone off, but concerning there’s no regular updates after payment is sent in!

I don't really know timeframes, it's all from chatter in the user forums. Consistent postings from multiple people that they're waiting - and have been waiting. BUT - and this is important - GG3 is a relatively new product - and Defense Distributed has definitely been impacted in their production by Covid19 just like many other manufacturers.

I know that they're shipping GG3, I've seen videos of it in user's shops. And the complaints about lack of communication and time to ship are the same complaints I heard about GG2.

If you want it, put your money down and be prepared to wait so that you're not frustrated with the delay.

A while back I got set up to cerakote at home. Sure there's steps to it and you have to pay attention to how dry your air is (critical) but you're not painting by hand. You use a spray gun (also, spec matters). The other weekend I did some washers for someone from work for a game they play (tossing into a hole on a board). He had rattle canned them before and they didn't hold up for shit. The cerakote had no issue with them playing last week and weekend.

I've done enough of my own stuff, and have more planned, to make this worth being able to do. Plus I like to be able to do more of this kind of thing myself and not depend on others.

A while back I got set up to cerakote at home. Sure there's steps to it and you have to pay attention to how dry your air is (critical) but you're not painting by hand. You use a spray gun (also, spec matters). The other weekend I did some washers for someone from work for a game they play (tossing into a hole on a board). He had rattle canned them before and they didn't hold up for shit. The cerakote had no issue with them playing last week and weekend.

I've done enough of my own stuff, and have more planned, to make this worth being able to do. Plus I like to be able to do more of this kind of thing myself and not depend on others.
Do you have a dedicated oven? Pics of setup? I think I remember you were anodizing at home before, right? Have you dropped that or do you vary by project?

Back
Top Bottom