Case-XX Knife Thread.

@Sterg, Kudos on your most awesome and most welcomed additions to this thread. ~Enbloc

"Case XX, the Original, Gentleman's Pocket Knife..."
Thanks. At some point I started buying GEC knives they seem to be the rage in the collector world. I ended up selling the three I owned. I have one pending on the bay. Sold them almost immediately on Facebook. For like 3 times what I paid too. Funny thing though, I find Case to be better quality. They’ve been at it much longer. Incoming over the Swiss Army thread!!!

Oh, I misread kope's post. I thought he was saying his Grandfather (who worked for Sears) gave him a knife; and not that the knife he gave him came from Sears...

So , grandpappy did work for Sears so I can only assume the knife came from there as well. There was no logo on the handle either.

I"m trying to find some photos online to see if anything looks remotely close, but no luck.

I'm really not a knife guy, but I do plan on giving my 12yr old nephew one for Christmas.

So , grandpappy did work for Sears so I can only assume the knife came from there as well. There was no logo on the handle either.

I"m trying to find some photos online to see if anything looks remotely close, but no luck.

I'm really not a knife guy, but I do plan on giving my 12yr old nephew one for Christmas.
Do a search for trappers, serpentine jack, swayback jack,equal end jack, stockman, all these patterns may help. If you drew a sketch that would help to identify the pattern.

I think this is it right here. for some reason I though maybe the handle had more of a taper to it, but memories aren't always the clearest and maybe I had it confused with the blade. Is there a name for that blade shape ? Need to find someone in the family with an Ebay account now !

Here’s my only case knife. It was a gift from an ex 20-ish years ago. I know next to nothing about it other than I like it a lot.

Attachments

• 072E1D9B-8DC5-44B4-A6D1-F691E032152D.jpeg
    072E1D9B-8DC5-44B4-A6D1-F691E032152D.jpeg
    146.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 759B85B2-FE93-4C30-BAB9-EF45FE7F3566.jpeg
    759B85B2-FE93-4C30-BAB9-EF45FE7F3566.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 12
enbloc, I think we have another budding knife enthusiast!!
Hope So!

I would add, and may not be the feelings of most, but a Gentleman's Pocket knife is something passed down so that even a Great-Grandson who may never have even met you,
can have something that you touched, you held, you cherished. DNA has no strength like a cherished heirloom.

With that in mind; why would you want to pass down a titanium & plastic monstrosity that, while quite a good carry knife for you, has the sentimentality factor of a Stanley Utility Knife...???

No, my friends, a knife worthy of being passed from generation-to-generation must be made from wood, bone, brass and steel...

Buy a Case XX and you will see what I mean. Use a Case XX and you may not want to hand it down, but instead... take it to the grave.

~Enbloc

Last edited:
Oh, and compared to knives... Guns Suck.

I can live without a gun. I refuse to live without a knife...

~Enbloc

I have a Case XX that i don't know where I got it from. I am embarrassed that I also dont know what IBCA is or what happened in 1994.

20201029_192054.jpg20201029_192026.jpg20201029_191921.jpg

Love the Long Pull on this example. With the right blade footprint it is superior to a nail or crescent nick in both form and function...

A5527CB1-BB2C-4B06-9C47-A3C16C0A00BA.jpeg

Here's a beautiful Case Congress that would make an excellent Collector heirloom...

1604020329709.png

I think this is it right here. for some reason I though maybe the handle had more of a taper to it, but memories aren't always the clearest and maybe I had it confused with the blade. Is there a name for that blade shape ? Need to find someone in the family with an Ebay account now !

Well I didn’t want you to miss it. I really hope that was “the one”. When it comes in I’ll let you know.

Here is one of the two knives I got from My great Uncle. Only one was a Case knife.
I have some very fond memories of him and my great Aunt.
I used to run thru the woods to their house and get a ginger ale that came in a glass bottle and he would use his knife and cut hard pepperoni and cheese and share with me. They always listened and never judged.
Probably the most stand up people in my side of the family. I miss them both a great deal.

I don’t carry this knife for fear of loosing it. It’s not big but that doesn’t matter.

Sorry for the ramblings but this knife brings with it a host of happy memories yet Always lead to one sad one with their passing.

19C14049-8F04-4AE8-8995-F2197F2A4EA9.jpeg

Here is one of the two knives I got from My great Uncle. Only one was a Case knife.
I have some very fond memories of him and my great Aunt.
I used to run thru the woods to their house and get a ginger ale that came in a glass bottle and he would use his knife and cut hard pepperoni and cheese and share with me. They always listened and never judged.
Probably the most stand up people in my side of the family. I miss them both a great deal.

I don’t carry this knife for fear of loosing it. It’s not big but that doesn’t matter.

Sorry for the ramblings but this knife brings with it a host of happy memories yet Always lead to one sad one with their passing.
You can still get Case Peanuts. Choose your handle material. That way you could carry one as a reminder and keep the keepsake safe.

My father collected interesting Case pocket knives. I’m not sure exactly what caught his eye since they are so varied. He carried one every day, he was the kind of guy that would bust the pocket knife out for everything from cleaning grease from under his nails to skinning a coon. Every time he shot a deer he claimed he used a case pocket knife to field dress his deer. This was most certainly bullshit or before I came alone because I gutted his deer every year!

My favs from the collection,

7EEB0C6E-A3E1-49A0-8B38-882C4B757A6F.jpeg
His EDC knife that I can’t carry out of fear of misplacing the knife. I have no memory of him without a pocket knife and open carrying his S&W Chiefs Special.

C22DAE5E-F872-4A32-B69B-9F8AA75A1E4D.jpeg

Yep. Pen knives and pocket watches built America... One Grandson at a time. Much Love for your additions to this thread guys.
~Enbloc

When I see a well worn and well loved pocket-knife like this, my heart swells. If it could talk, the stories it could tell! I can hear your Great Uncle's voice through it... and in Your words.
BTW, I'm a Great Uncle too, and can only hope that I am as well-remembered as yours...

1604071613781.png

@JRT, those Case XX knives are beautiful! Functional Art!

I can see why he liked them...

Back
Top Bottom