• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Case Trimmer Rental?

mu2bdriver

NES Member
Does anyone have a case trimmer they rent out?
I have about 1500pcs of 30-06 to trim and my hand trimmer is just way too inefficient.
I’m located in central CT.
Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have a case trimmer they rent out?
I have about 1500pcs of 30-06 to trim and my hand trimmer is just way too inefficient.
I’m located in central CT.
Thanks in advance.
I’ve got one of the Giraud tri way trimmers in 30-06 and 223. Works pretty good as long as you size your brass consistently since it measures from the case shoulder.

It’s one of the fastest and cheaper options for trimming. I just chuck it into my cordless drill which I have clamped into a vice at an angle and insert the cases.

This guy has the right setup

I’ve got one of the Giraud tri way trimmers in 30-06 and 223. Works pretty good as long as you size your brass consistently since it measures from the case shoulder.

It’s one of the fastest and cheaper options for trimming. I just chuck it into my cordless drill which I have clamped into a vice at an angle and insert the cases.

This guy has the right setup

Excellent. Thank you. I knew the bigger Giraud trimmer existed but never knew about this one. I was looking at the Little Crow Gunworks WFT late last night. I’ll check this one out. Thanks again!

Excellent. Thank you. I knew the bigger Giraud trimmer existed but never knew about this one. I was looking at the Little Crow Gunworks WFT late last night. I’ll check this one out. Thanks again!

I have one of those WFT, works well! You can also use it for trimming some other calibers if you go slowly and just take a little at a time and then measure the case. I use it for long Krag brass sometimes.

Little Crow is very similar and I've had great results with one, FWIW.

Thanks guys. I just ordered the Giraud. I wanted to save the step of chamfering and deburring. NES comes through again! Thanks again for everyone’s input.

If you have one of the traditional mini-lathe type trimmers, it is pretty easy to adapt it to use an electric drill in lieu of the crank. In my case (RCBS), all it required was a length of threaded rod of right diameter and pitch and two nuts. I will post a photo when I get home.

This may not be quite as fast as the big Giraud, since you have to clamp each case in the collect, but it is way faster and more pleasant than hand cranking. A pile of 200 or so 5.56 brass needing trimming is no longer a horrible prospect to be postponed as long as possible.

If you have one of the traditional mini-lathe type trimmers, it is pretty easy to adapt it to use an electric drill in lieu of the crank. In my case (RCBS), all it required was a length of threaded rod of right diameter and pitch and two nuts. I will post a photo when I get home.

This may not be quite as fast as the big Giraud, since you have to clamp each case in the collect, but it is way faster and more pleasant than hand cranking. A pile of 200 or so 5.56 brass needing trimming is no longer a horrible prospect to be postponed as long as possible.

I have buckets lining up near my trimmer (and its a Giraud in a drill press). I hate trimming but it is important. I tend to put it off as long as i can also.

This might be the year i update my trimmer?
i would be tempted to send all my brass to be processed if i found a place that would anneal it .

Back
Top Bottom