• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Case Annealer

While we are on the subject of annealng anyone running a Annealing Made Perfect (AMG) yet?

http://www.ampannealing.com/

Ya for $1000 ill pass.. even the guirard induction annealing attachment is almost impossible to justify.
While induction can be faster, you could by mutile flame units for the price ofnthe flame uniting and induction upgrade.

Cool, I'd love to have it just to have it... but not finnacially worth it.

Here is what you need ;-)

A question; From this video it looks like they are heating the case almost half way. From other sources it seems to be just past the shoulder. So how critical is this? Will it really make a difference if it's just past the shoulder or half way down the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
A question; From this video it looks like they are heating the case almost half way. From other sources it seems to be just past the shoulder. So how critical is this? Will it really make a difference if it's just past the shoulder or half way down the case?

Overkill I'd say. When you buy lapua brand new, it's very obvious how far they go with the anneal and it's only about 1/3 of the way down.

While we are on the subject of annealng anyone running a Annealing Made Perfect (AMG) yet?

http://www.ampannealing.com/

Induction annealers are the bees knees, but I cant really justify the cost. I saw a home built one that was hand loaded, but timed to drop the brass when it hit the right temp. The thing was fast. Was pretty dang impressive to my eyes.

I would think you could anneal further down with the induction than flame without any ill effect on the case...there are benefiets to induction over flame but really only an advantage in a professional setup do to cost.

There is no advantage to annealing down that far.

That is a nead annealer though...im curious if its a massed produced model or if the shop made it.. i like its workings..

The original 25 rpm motors were simply to fast and 10 RPMs will be around the ideal speed thus I ended up getting a 15 rpm motor which will have a cook time if about 4 seconds at max speed.

Back
Top Bottom