Carrying untucked, iwb or owb?

Stevireno

NES Member
Cooler weather is here, I've gotten in the habit of iwb carrying, but would love to start carrying something small, Sig 238 or a Glock 42 owb with an untucked shirt... I don't read much about owb carry in the winter, is it commonly done?

I'm also worried that my shirt will catch the top of the gun if I stretch or lean to one side and the gun will show. Any experience with this concern? When I wear owb in the house, my shirt catches the top of the gun sometimes, I feel like I'll be fidgeting with my shirt all the time

Steve

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I carry a Shield in a OWB pancake style holster during the cooler months. I just find it more comfortable.

You almost forget you're carrying if you have a decent IWB holster. You know the motto in the PRM - concealed means concealed... Would hate to upset the sheeple, cause a scene and end up getting in a jam.

i use an owb sometimes. after 40+ years of carrying, i don't give a shit if someone sees it when i reach at the supermarket for something. i stopped being paranoid a few months into regular concealed carry back in the day. just set it and forget it so to speak.

I practiced so much with my Shield and Alien Gear IWB holster that I can instinctively draw without second thought through muscle memory. I'd hate to have to try and learn that all over again with a OWB, then have to stop and think...what holster am I carrying?

cannot carry iwb----tried multiple times and it just doesn't work for me---it's either owb with a shirt or sportcoat over, or pocket carry---since i bought the sig 938 it's the same edc no matter the weather or clothing choice. used to be i would choose sr9c for winter and lcr .38 for summer. to each his/her own. YMMV

I carry a 238 or a g23 depending on my situation and mood. I have an iwb and owb for both and use them both. You definitely print more with an owb, but it's comfortable and so far hasn't caused me any problems.

Yes. But I've been doing it for so long that its not a matter of going out and buying larger pants. Its just how I've bought my pants for 10 years.

This is usually only for casual pants/shorts. Dress pants, I usually pocket carry so no allowance is made.

OWB almost always. More comfortable. People don't notice either way. Even when I open carry people don't seem to either notice or care.

I guess I'm the oddball here, it's warmer weather when I tend to carry a full framed pistol more often than cooler weather.

I'm actually not sure when I carried IWB last.

It really is amazing what people DON'T notice.
Yeah, people(like me) have a gadget on them almost all the time, seeing the bottom of a synthetic holster likely wouldn't raise an eyebrow.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Yes. But I've been doing it for so long that its not a matter of going out and buying larger pants. Its just how I've bought my pants for 10 years.

I've always been the same - a size larger and tighten with a belt. Carrying IWB with a Shield and Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 results in one notch looser on the belt for me.

Back
Top Bottom