Carrying to the TD Garden for the Celtics Game 5

What's the concenseous on carrying concealed to the TD Garden in Boston? I'm going to Game 5 tomorrow night and of course want to carry like I do everywhere else.

Are they metal detector screening at the doors? I remember I went to a Bruins game last year and didn't carry, thinking I wouldn't be able to get in. Then of course I wasn't checked by anyone, so I could have been carrying.

I'm guessing that the carrying is frowned upon there. I could of course leave it locked in the car, but my brother and I were planning on riding in on the T from his house in Malden.

Thoughts?

Game 6 not 5...and the final game of the series. ;)

Personally I would not carry to Gillette, Fenway, or the Garden. You will more than likely get past security without a problem unless they are stepping up measures due to the playoffs. Not worth the hassle though for some security guard to freak out over me legally carrying.

they have metal detectors or at least they did when i went last year my cousin made my leave my peper spray and knife at home so i wouldent have to ditch them

The garden is a private facility and they have a strict policy against it. They have guards with wands at the gate. A low profile mid season game they let almost anyone through and wand randomly but as the intensity picks up so does their screening. They also do NOT have a place for you to check it in with security so if you are caught you will be refused entry and your ticket confiscated.

I know this because I asked when I first got my Bruins season tickets and this was the official answer I was given.

Wow.. This just sucks

Weapons Prohibited
Guests, including law enforcement personnel not present in an official capacity, are prohibited from bringing weapons into the arena. TD Garden does not provide weapon lockers. Weapons may not be checked in at the Guest Relations Office. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: Firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives with blades over 2 inches in length.

Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the arena or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be evicted from the arena and may be subject to arrest.

So if I want to go, I have to risk being defenseless the entire night, while in a city, riding on public transport, in what could be a highly "energetic" crowd... Frak!

Bring a cheap knife and pepper spray....If you have to toss em, it's no big deal....

Be careful with this idea. If you toss them before you get in line I'm sure you'll be fine but if you think you'll toss them once you get found by the wand, you are likely to get tossed with them. That's what security told me last year.

I also would not want to be responsible for dropping a potentially deadly weapon in a public trash can.

Be careful with this idea. If you toss them before you get in line I'm sure you'll be fine but if you think you'll toss them once you get found by the wand, you are likely to get tossed with them. That's what security told me last year.

I also would not want to be responsible for dropping a potentially deadly weapon in a public trash can.

Yeah, I wasn't advocating throwing them in a public trash can, but I'll take my chances with security....

Yeah, I wasn't advocating throwing them in a public trash can, but I'll take my chances with security....

My bad, that's how I read it even though you didn't say it. As far as security, In the 42 games I went to last year, I can't remember being wanded more than 1 or 2 times. They profile like crazy there. If you are wearing a team jersey, have your face painted or look like a rowdy dude you can count on it. I always came straight from work in khaki's or jeans and a polo. The odds of slipping by them are probably decent but the penalty is severe, you get to catch the second half on your couch.

I guess the question is, is there a greater chance of needing your gun or of being caught and refused entry. I rode the orange line to every game last year. I was only wanded 1 or 2 times but I never needed my gun.

I would leave it at home, you will be perfectly fine walking around that area of the city late at night. The streets are filled with people coming and going from the all the bars. I've never felt uneasy taking public transportation late at night after a game or hitting up a club. Now if you are going to be in parts of Dorchester that are hott right now than I would take it.

I've felt unsafe there before. Then again, it was after game 7 last season and I was wearing my Carolina Hurricanes jersey. [smile]

Midnight, let us all know how it went. We're anxiously awaiting your report.

Could also get an "alternative knife".

I want to carry a S&W 500 w/8.5" bbl. to a Pats preseason game while wearing a tank top and thong and man sandles. Is it OK?

[popcorn]

What's the concenseous on carrying concealed to the TD Garden in Boston? I'm going to Game 5 tomorrow night and of course want to carry like I do everywhere else.

Thunderwear. If you get wanded, you have a Prince Albert/insulin pump/steel plate in your hip.

I guess the question is, is there a greater chance of needing your gun or of being caught and refused entry. I rode the orange line to every game last year. I was only wanded 1 or 2 times but I never needed my gun.

I take it you weren't at the Bruins game where a member of a "motorcycle club" thought that someone else took his seat and pulled a gun on him.

[rofl] Just wondering if there's a written guarantee?

+1

I have a really cool Cold Steel CIA Tanto made of zytel, or something, and it would definitely get the job done, and make it through metal detectors, but it's too damn big inmo to be easily concealed. Wish it was scaled down by 50%.

I carry one of these on my keys. Anytime I have been wanded or whatever, I just hold out my keys and keep the knife part in my hand concealed. I have done this many times and never had a problem. The blade is also under 2 inches so you are not violating any laws. Its a great knife and I keep a few of them at home incase one gets lost or confiscated, but it has never happened.
51WG9MWMD9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
I carry one of these.

CANE-SWORD-RATTAN.jpg

LOL just kidding

or get one of these. you can shoot someones balls off.

im002056.jpg

Back
Top Bottom