• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying on motorcycle

This will be my first motorcycle riding season with my LTC. Right now I have been carrying IWB. Dont see that working on a bike. How do you riders carry?

thanks.................

A friend of mine carries in his tank bag.

I carried once under my jacket at about 3:30-4 oclock but that didn't work out very well. Leaning forward = jacket rising over the gun

This will be my first motorcycle riding season with my LTC. Right now I have been carrying IWB. Dont see that working on a bike. How do you riders carry?

thanks.................

A lot has to do with the weather. On cooler days, I pocket carry in my leather jacket. On warmer days, you need to be a little more inventive, but it can be done. Sometimes, I carry my CCW in the lockable, hard saddle bag (does that count as a trunk?).

Usually same methods for everyday wear work for riding...but then again, I ride a cruiser...not a crotch rocket.... YMMV.

I used to carry 7 o clock but when ever I shifted my jacket would ride up for the world to see my 26. After moving over to 9 o clock I haven't had a problem even with my tight fitting Dainise or AlpineStars leather jackets.

What's your seating position? Are you one of the ATGATT guys? Do you wear a vest? What size gun?

I carry in my jacket pocket on my ZX-6R, or if it's hot out usually under my passengers seat (Sport Bike Trunk haha)

On a sport bike you really can't carry IWB because you're so bent over and your sweat shirt / jacket with ride up with the wind. If you're on a cruiser you may not have an issue though.

I've also considered shoulder slings under the jacket.

'03 FLHRCi

S&W M&P9c in CrossBreed SuperTuck IWB.

NO problems. It holds just fine, and I've never felt like my gun was going to fall out.

Edit: I have sometimes put it inside a vest pocket, but to me, it felt less secure. I'm considering a shoulder rig for my 1911 which seems like it would carry well, too.

Last edited:
This got me thinking of a custom motorcycle molle vest with chest holster. OP you mentioned IWB carry so can I assume you must conceal in your state? Open carry states I would probably go with a thigh holster. Ccw I would probably try the 5:00 with a tuckable iwb holster. When I ride I wear an under armor or nike pro t shirt. Those never ride up when tucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank bag or pannier. After reading some crash reports I don't want a metal lump under protective gear...

I keep a small "Incapacitating spray" on my keychain.

When I rode bikes I would carry a 16 ga SBS, 9" bbl, pistol grip, loaded with buckshot in a shoulder holster under my jacket. Figured if some bastard ran me off the road, I maybe could get a load of 00Buck into his rear window. Jack.

88 KZ1000-P Cruiser.

I carry a 686 IWB @ the 400 position. I am thinking of getting a jackass shoulder holster rig for that along with an extra holster for my G23.

P229 in a crossbreed, even in a T-shirt... a cheap shoulder holster may be something to consider if that doesnt work for you.

I do ride a cruiser, but im sure Ive been "made" before in a T shirt... if Im driving through some shit town sitting on my bike at a light, I want access to it.

Mike

Sent from my cell phone with a tiny keyboard and large thumbs...

I'm ATGATT, pretty seriously. http://www.morphsuits.com/black-power-rangers-morphsuit

I split time between a Touring bike and a Sports bike (mostly touring).

I've been carrying so far IWB with my work pants / belt under my leathers, but that's not going to work once it heats up. I also need a way to get in from however I carry on the bike to concealed in the office pretty "unobtrusively" (pronounced without open carrying on the way into the office... moonbats).

I've considered the thigh holster thing, but so far haven't found one that works without a belt (which I don't have as part of my suite, and my pants zip to my jacket, so no access to "underneath").

I'm not any help, but am certainly interested in solutions.

I'm ATGATT, pretty seriously. http://www.morphsuits.com/black-power-rangers-morphsuit

I split time between a Touring bike and a Sports bike (mostly touring).

I've been carrying so far IWB with my work pants / belt under my leathers, but that's not going to work once it heats up. I also need a way to get in from however I carry on the bike to concealed in the office pretty "unobtrusively" (pronounced without open carrying on the way into the office... moonbats).

I've considered the thigh holster thing, but so far haven't found one that works without a belt (which I don't have as part of my suite, and my pants zip to my jacket, so no access to "underneath").

I'm not any help, but am certainly interested in solutions.

I used a briefcase stored in my hard saddle bag for work.

Tank bag or pannier. After reading some crash reports I don't want a metal lump under protective gear...

I keep a small "Incapacitating spray" on my keychain.

This... I realize no one expects to have a crash, but I'd be especially leery of carrying anywhere that places the gun directly over bone, like the hips or rib area. Landing on the gun with the force of even a minor "off" would likely take a terrible toll on whatever is underneath it by concentrating the force of the impact into a small area of your body.

I don't want to sound like the safety Nazi so I express this as my personal view only. Personally, I will not ride with any type of firm object in my pockets. Of course, just as with the helmet/no helmet debate; it's a personal choice and you should do whatever you are comfortable with.

When I rode a few years back (R1, TL-1000R) I kept everything under the rear seat or in my backpack. Phone, house keys, G26 or 17, wallet, etc..

Back
Top Bottom