Carrying in Boston

If a person has a MA LTC no restriction license issued from another town other than Boston, can that person legally carry into Boston with no worries? Not sure since it is so difficult if not impossible to obtain a no restrictions license from Boston. Thanks.

If a person has a MA LTC no restriction license issued from another town other than Boston, can that person legally carry into Boston with no worries? Not sure since it is so difficult if not impossible to obtain a no restrictions license from Boston. Thanks.

Yes, it is a state wide license. Just don't bring any blades longer then 2.5?? Inches or anything that violates their own extra specific AWB.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yes, it is a state wide license. Just don't bring any blades longer then 2.5?? Inches or anything that violates their own extra specific AWB.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Applies to residents storing it there only

You'll be fine. Just don't carry preban mags, not allowed in Boston.
most people won't even realize it carrying.

wat?

You'll be fine. Just don't carry preban mags, not allowed in Boston.
most people won't even realize it carrying.

?? How does Boston have a law outside of MGL regarding this? preban is preban theres no double standard as far as I know. Some one correct me if im wrong?

The Boston AW ban defines "high cap mag" as a mag for a rifle or shotgun, not a handgun.

You want to thumb your nose at a restrictive jurisdiction? Carry in Brookline. Way worse than Boston (many "unconnected" and "unspecial" people have unrestricted LTCs in Boston)

Curious question. Is the restaurant considered school property. It is technically touching a BU building.

Victoria%20Seafood%20Restaurant%20-%20Google%20Maps_zpsojwwcc1f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Lol, seriously?

Is the building the restaurant is in part of the campus or not? (my guess is, no) That's pretty much the beginning and the end of it. 269-10J doesn't have "cooties" and infect things it touches. [rofl]

BTW the few cases I've seen where someone got busted for MGL-269-10J someone was actually traipsing around on campus (for example, there was that guy that got busted with the 2 handguns after he turned around at the security checkpoint at the graduation last year or whenever it was).

The biggest "sneaky" risk to most people with 269-10J is if you're operating as a pedestrian, don't take shortcuts through college campuses. The risk there is pretty obvious.

-Mike

Lol, seriously?

Is the building the restaurant is in part of the campus or not? (my guess is, no) That's pretty much the beginning and the end of it. 269-10J doesn't have "cooties" and infect things it touches. [rofl]

BTW the few cases I've seen where someone got busted for MGL-269-10J someone was actually traipsing around on campus (for example, there was that guy that got busted with the 2 handguns after he turned around at the security checkpoint at the graduation last year or whenever it was).

The biggest "sneaky" risk to most people with 269-10J is if you're operating as a pedestrian, don't take shortcuts through college campuses. The risk there is pretty obvious.

-Mike

This. Use special caution if you take the T or Commuter Rail and get off at Ruggles. You are surrounded by Northeastern campus. Stay on the public sidewalk, no shortcuts through the campus.

The Boston AW ban defines "high cap mag" as a mag for a rifle or shotgun, not a handgun.
This is why I'm not a lawyer - I can't begin to count the number of times I've read Boston's AWB and never realized that the mag limit didn't mention handguns. Thanks!!

Like Rob stated in Boston no hi cap rifles or mags that go to said rifle,but you can driver threw Boston with one locked,ETC. Whatever firearm you carry in the rest of MA you can carry in Boston.I don't remember the complete list,but I thing the semi auto MAC 10, and the Tech 9 is also a no no in Boston.Like I said I am not sure, but I am going to look into that,because they are Firearms, not rifles.

This. Use special caution if you take the T or Commuter Rail and get off at Ruggles. You are surrounded by Northeastern campus. Stay on the public sidewalk, no shortcuts through the campus.

There's also numerous Harvard and BU wallhacks like this too.

-Mike

Can they legally stop you and check, a la Baltimore pre-riots, or is the danger just someone spotting your firearm?

Back
Top Bottom