• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying in Boston??

If you have a CCW LTC-A then you will have no problems carrying any handgun except the FN FiveSeven or the SW500 which are apparently too dangerous. Hicap ban only applies to long guns.

NO restrictions on any legal handguns for those visiting in Boston, period.

As long as any hi-caps are "old" pre-ban mags you are good to go.

Boston's bans ONLY affect residents, and the City's Legal Counsel has told Chief Ron Glidden that they don't think that the Boston Ban is even enforceable on their own inmates.

They were specifically added to the Boston ban list by the Commissioner or someone IIRC. A list that has never actually been created or reviewed because the committee that was supposed to be appointed was never selected, according to GOAL. Never mind that neither one nor the Barrett 50 cals that were also banned meet the definition of assault weapons in any way (the first two aren't even rifles and the third are mostly bolt actions now except for the M82s) but basically they believe they can do whatever the hell they want, such as including two specific pistols under a vague, unenforceable assault rifle/shotgun ban.

Seriously this place is a shithole. I'm going to attend graduate school in Boston next year and for the next 4 years, does anyone have a suggestion on a nearby town that isn't too hard to catch a train or T into town that is more friendly?

I'd suggest Melrose. Close to Rte 1 and 93/95. T access via orange line and commuter rail. Class A LTC-ALP no problem. less than 30 min away from collectors, FS, shooters box and Roaches :)

It's not real close but Fitchburg has the commuter rail right in downtown with plenty of parking and they only issue Class-A ALP. The chief can't stand the confusion caused by anything else from what I have been told by two Fitchburg LEOs. The ones that gave the safety coarse in fact.

+1 on Arlington.

They'll issue you an ALP LTC/A, it's close to Boston, and a short hop to Alewife. If you don't want to drive, you can stand on Mass Ave and catch a bus to Alewife about every 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom