Carrying in airport

CAESAR

NES Member
Hi,
I am helping out and bringing an elderly to Logan. I need to bring him to the airline desk get a ticket and then say goodbye before he goes through security.
Can i have my gun with me? I read about this there is "safety zone" i dont understand WTF is it.

thanks

They are referring to the secure area "safe zone" crap. You should be good to the ticket area where you check your bags as that is where you would check your firearm for flight anyhow.

Hi,
I am helping out and bringing an elderly to Logan. I need to bring him to the airline desk get a ticket and then say goodbye before he goes through security.
Can i have my gun with me? I read about this there is "safety zone" i dont understand WTF is it.

thanks
No. Carrying at Logan is specifically spelled out as being illegal in Mass laws.

http://www.mass.gov/courts/case-legal-res/law-lib/laws-by-source/cmr/700-799cmr/740cmr.html

The applicable section is 740 CMR 30.04.

The CMRs address that. My point was that the CMRs are so poorly worded that it could be construed that having anything in your vehicle is "Transporting". Whether under direct control, or not.

I've never had the pleasure, but don't they occasionally search vehicles, because "safety"? And, if they found you had something in a trunk, I'd say that they'd want to see proof, if you said that you were traveling with it.

Mass sucks.

Watch the airport thing. Glad to be gone from MA. I hate to say this, but I went to the range on Thursday, in Florida. We brought 15 round glock mags with us, flash suppressors, bayonet lugs and adjustable stocks on our AR's. Had a great time and no one got injured, imagine that.

Sent my obligatory letter to the chief and one to the firearms bureau in Chelsea that I moved. Now my Florida non resident permit, all I have to do is go online and put in my license number and give them my new address. That's it, done deal.

Last edited:
I've never had the pleasure, but don't they occasionally search vehicles, because "safety"? And, if they found you had something in a trunk, I'd say that they'd want to see proof, if you said that you were traveling with it.

Mass sucks.

I was in and out of the short term parking at Terminal B twice a few weeks back picking up and dropping off my mother for a flight. Guy asked me to roll down my back window to see in and dropped the tailgate to see in (I have a tonneau cover). Truck was empty. I went on my way. Fast forward 10 days, I was headed back with mom. This time the truck still had 1/2 a load of enriched black mulch I hadn't finished spreading and my hockey bag back there. The guy again dropped the tailgate, looked and then waved me on. Not really sure what he was looking for and what would have triggered any questions [smile]

I was in and out of the short term parking at Terminal B twice a few weeks back picking up and dropping off my mother for a flight. Guy asked me to roll down my back window to see in and dropped the tailgate to see in (I have a tonneau cover). Truck was empty. I went on my way. Fast forward 10 days, I was headed back with mom. This time the truck still had 1/2 a load of enriched black mulch I hadn't finished spreading and my hockey bag back there. The guy again dropped the tailgate, looked and then waved me on. Not really sure what he was looking for and what would have triggered any questions [smile]

Hajis. Either that, or a paycheck.

Is the passenger drop-off area considered "the airport"? That is, can you carry if you're just pulling up to the doors to drop someone off or pick someone up?

Is the passenger drop-off area considered "the airport"? That is, can you carry if you're just pulling up to the doors to drop someone off or pick someone up?

While not 100% sure, I would bet that the CMR applies to any and all property owned by Massport that they consider within the bounds of Logan, which would probably include parking lots, drop off areas, etc.

I'd say call and ask, but we all know that in MA, gunz is bad, and they will probably tell you you can't even have a gun within 1000 feet of any Massport property.

While not 100% sure, I would bet that the CMR applies to any and all property owned by Massport that they consider within the bounds of Logan, which would probably include parking lots, drop off areas, etc.

I'd say call and ask, but we all know that in MA, gunz is bad, and they will probably tell you you can't even have a gun within 1000 feet of any Massport property.

WAY back before the Internet I had a MSP Trooper at Logan tell me that it was illegal to possess ANY guns on ANY Massport property, period. Mystic River Bridge is Massport property (or at least was some 35+ years ago). I doubted him, but had no way to prove it back then. A read of the CMR seems to give credibility to his statement.

WAY back before the Internet I had a MSP Trooper at Logan tell me that it was illegal to possess ANY guns on ANY Massport property, period. Mystic River Bridge is Massport property (or at least was some 35+ years ago). I doubted him, but had no way to prove it back then. A read of the CMR seems to give credibility to his statement.
But in MA everything is basically "illegal to possess" basically everywhere... or if it currently isn't than it soon will or definitely "should" be if you ask anyone in law enforcement, as panic continues to ensue and the .gov persists in assuming that a completely disarmed citizenry is the best way to fight the war that has now come to our mainland.
According to our "trusted leaders" (like the little absolute f*cking rodent that currently occupies the BPD Superintendents Office), everything should or will be "illegal to possess" in the Commonwealth...Cuz that will most definitely "keep us all safer" if nobody possesses anything.

IF you get caught possessing, that is...
[emoji6]

I thought that even being named Logan and carrying was illegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is demonstrably false. Plenty of people have been stopped, ask for LTC, and let go.
Kalash: Dood, you seem a good guy but...."sarkasm" much?..... I was being sarcastic. In Massachusetts sometimes we have to be sarcastic in order to avoid literally slamming our collective heads against a brick wall until our skulls are mush.
I've mentioned in this forum previously about how I was once in the neighborhood corner store and heard a MA state trooper, in casual conversation, say that "Hollow point bullets are illegal in Ma... Only police can carry them"... etc

Back
Top Bottom