Carrying Dangerous Weapon Charge Southbridge, MA

This guy sounds like a POS if all charges are true. But wanted to discuss the knife charge. Hence posting in knife section. Is the "carrying a dangerous weapon" charge a BS charge that they are hoping that it sticks? Is it because of blade length? Spring assist? What do you guys think? Neither knife looks much bigger than the BIC lighter.

https://lake940.com/southbridge-man-arrested-on-drug-trafficking-charges/

Lynch was placed under arrest and charged with trafficking in cocaine (subsequent offense), assault and battery on a police officer, resisting arrest, disturbing the peace, disorderly conduct, carrying a dangerous weapon and for numerous other charges.

Southbridge.jpg

I am unsure of Southbridge's knife ordinances, but in general, if you drove from Boston to Stockbridge with a 2.5" folder in your pocket, you could most likely be busted in more than half the towns you pass through. The carrying a dangerous weapon charge is SOP when arrested for another infraction.

That said, I carry a 4" folder with 2 additional interchangeable blades on my belt in a sheath. I am always on my way to my home where I deal with packaging or hobby which is boating or working on my boat.I also carry a 3 blade 2" folder in my pocket. Carrying these I am legal since I am in route to my hobby or place of business.

MA state law reads: It is illegal to carry anything that is perceived as dangerous while disturbing the peace or being arrested.

How's that for an IGOTYA!
Massachusetts Knife Law - Knife Up

I am unsure of Southbridge's knife ordinances, but in general, if you drove from Boston to Stockbridge with a 2.5" folder in your pocket, you could most likely be busted in more than half the towns you pass through. The carrying a dangerous weapon charge is SOP when arrested for another infraction.

That said, I carry a 4" folder with 2 additional interchangeable blades on my belt in a sheath. I am always on my way to my home where I deal with packaging or hobby which is boating or working on my boat.I also carry a 3 blade 2" folder in my pocket. Carrying these I am legal since I am in route to my hobby or place of business.

MA state law reads: It is illegal to carry anything that is perceived as dangerous while disturbing the peace or being arrested.

How's that for an IGOTYA!
Massachusetts Knife Law - Knife Up
That law makes no sense. So, any other time it's not a dangerous weapon? I just don't understand it. A set of keys could be perceived as dangerous.

Last edited:
Just read up on the knives laws in MA. Friggin ridiculous. So I’m minding my own business with a completely legal folder hooked onto my pocket and whammo!, a guy throws a cup of hot chowder at me and I defend myself and punch him...cops show up, there are witnesses, BUT....I acted in a threatening way by punching him with a folder in my pocket (that I never took out and used) and now I have a dangerous and illegal weapon charge. Yup, Massachusetts.

Lol. That looks like my desk...

But, I think the cops get more prison time out of you if they tie the narcotics in with a dangerous weapon, hence the charge.

This guy sounds like a POS if all charges are true. But wanted to discuss the knife charge. Hence posting in knife section. Is the "carrying a dangerous weapon" charge a BS charge that they are hoping that it sticks? Is it because of blade length? Spring assist? What do you guys think? Neither knife looks much bigger than the BIC lighter.

View attachment 275513
Heck if that’s the case I have at least 4 knives that range from 2.5 to 4 inches in my truck at anytime and usual 1-2 machetes. All of these are for hunting but I’m guessing if I was an ahole to a cop he could bust me on those

Not even sure what that is. Dirty Tax Agent I.D.?

The charge is carrying a dangerous weapon when arrested on a warrant or while disturbing the peace which you can see he was also charged with. Not a per se dangerous weapon like a switch blade or the other listed weapons in Ch. 269 10(b).

View attachment 275513

The only dangerous weapon I see here is the EBT card, because that can hurt every taxpayers.

Not even sure what that is. Dirty Tax Agent I.D.?

The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) assists and empowers low-income individuals and families to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life, and achieve long term economic self-sufficiency. DTA serves one in nine residents of the Commonwealth with direct economic assistance (cash benefits) and food assistance (SNAP benefits), as well as workforce training opportunities.

=----> DTA serves one in nine residents of the Commonwealth

The Department of Transitional Assistance (DTA) assists and empowers low-income individuals and families to meet their basic needs, improve their quality of life, and achieve long term economic self-sufficiency. DTA serves one in nine residents of the Commonwealth with direct economic assistance (cash benefits) and food assistance (SNAP benefits), as well as workforce training opportunities.

=----> DTA serves one in nine residents of the Commonwealth
"Residents" or "occupants"? Jack.

That law makes no sense. So, any other time it's not a dangerous weapon? I just don't understand it. A set of keys could be perceived as dangerous.

How about if you can kill three men with a pin-sill? :)

I usually carry a flashlight and a folder. I'm starting to wonder why I'm still a free man.

DTA?
Jesus they change these initials for these programs every damn week it seems.

Anyways: If I were to guess, and stereotype: yes the guy is probably a druggie dirtbag. Although a knife, some cash, and some coke is a waste of our tax dollars to lock this guy up. Fighting the cop and screaming in the apartment complex are his biggest crimes.

Back
Top Bottom