• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying concealed: question for ladies

Hi everybody,
I have a question for ladies who frequently carry concealed weapons. What carrying equipment do you use, so it would keep your gun well concealed, ready to use, and allow you to wear typical women clothes? Yes, I know there are places you can buy carrying equipment for women, but I'd like to gather some information about what people use, what they like or do not like. Guys, if your wives-girlfriends-moms-sisters carry and you know what they use and why, please feel free to share your thoughts, too. Thank you so much!

personally i would never carry in my purse. i do occasionally throw it in there if i am in a rush, but out in an questionable area? no way. what if some scumbag decides to grab your bag and run? but i DO understand how some ladies are more comfortable with purse carry.

i use a n82 tactical holster (professional series), works great with jeans and a loose-ish shirt. i typically have a hoodie on and it's impossible to tell i have it.

for gals who are a bit more girly than me i suggest the under-tech line of conceal carry stuff. they look great for carrying under a dress or even yoga pants.

obviously, pocket carry is not really an option as most pants made for women have tiny pockets, or even fake pockets.

flashbang holster. oy vey.
i'm all set with having a gun shoved into my bra. as cyber said above, no good if the gal is chesty... but even if i could use one i'm not crazy about having to clean my gun wicked often cause it's getting sweated on and gross. plus, um, chafing? and rippin your shirt off is not really stealthy.. i'd much rather reach slightly behind me to get it.

Thanks everybody. I have no problem concealing my Glock 27 when wearing jeans and a hoody, but for the summer I prefer more "girly" clothes. So I'm looking for the ideas of how to carry when I have a dress on. Thanks for sharing the links and opinions. Carrying it in a purse probably won't work for me, since, as Cassadilla mentioned, I would be concerned about someone grabbing it.

I am small and not so curvy so unless I wanted to wear baggy clothes all the time I went with a purse carry. I bought a conceal carry bag on eBay. Roma Gun Bags brand. There are several styles with a separate outside compartment that can also be locked.

The downside it's not as quick on the draw. With most of the conceal carry purses you are also limited on the size of firearm you can fit in the compartment.
That being said, before I found the purse on eBay I had figured out a couple of ways to potentially modify a purse with either grommets or Velcro to add a holster.

**just saw the last post. That's why the locks on the Roma purses are nice. if I am at a friends house etc. I can lock the gun compartment. If you find a carry option that works with a dress then post it up.

Last edited:
there's a line of holsters marketed to women being sold at shooters outpost, but i would caution you that when i checked them out they looked really shoddily made. it may have just been the ones i looked at, but the quality i saw was no bueno. i can't recall the brand, but they used vintage pin-up style design for the packaging and each model was a female name. cute marketing but kinda crappy product.

Yelena!!! Where have you been? Doing well I hope. Sorry I have no input for you because my gf has zero interest in guns but I'm working on it.

Nice to see you post again though. Cheers.

As a female i dont have anything but glocks , so the smallest i have is a 26, and in summer i can wear cropped jeans and a t shirt with a crossbreed for my 26.

As far as dresses go, i usually carry the gun in my purse. That has its own disadvantages

But if i am not using a handbag, i usually dont carry a gun and i end up carrying my large knife by a garter

Thinking about maybe a neck knife

there's a line of holsters marketed to women being sold at shooters outpost, but i would caution you that when i checked them out they looked really shoddily made. it may have just been the ones i looked at, but the quality i saw was no bueno. i can't recall the brand, but they used vintage pin-up style design for the packaging and each model was a female name. cute marketing but kinda crappy product.

I saw those too. Wasn't impressed.

As a female i dont have anything but glocks , so the smallest i have is a 26, and in summer i can wear cropped jeans and a t shirt with a crossbreed for my 26.

As far as dresses go, i usually carry the gun in my purse. That has its own disadvantages

But if i am not using a handbag, i usually dont carry a gun and i end up carrying my large knife by a garter

Thinking about maybe a neck knife

Get a slim knife like Kershaw Leek, or Vapor. Super comfortable to carry IWB.

i carry this
Cold-Steel-AK-47-Folding-Knife-CS58TLAK.jpg

Attachments

• Cold-Steel-AK-47-Folding-Knife-CS58TLAK.jpg
    Cold-Steel-AK-47-Folding-Knife-CS58TLAK.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 34
I subscribed to this thread so I can sponge some info from it. I am considering carrying (cautiously considering) my M&P Shield. Its the right sized gun, but I haven't found a comfortable way to conceal it short of wearing a very baggy sweatshirt.

a good friend of mine is a bridesmaid in a wedding next month and just got an elastic lace garter holster. she has a beretta 950, so it's really itty-bitty, but they do make them for less-tiny guns as well

Loose and flowing garments provide natural "air conditioning" and ample space to hide things.

Here's a concealed thigh rig illustration from 5.11 tactical (about 1/2 second long, 8 seconds in):

Last edited by a moderator:
Yelena, no suggestions on carrying, since I'm not a woman, but I just wanted to say "Hello!" Haven't seen you around in a while. Don't be a stranger!

a good friend of mine is a bridesmaid in a wedding next month and just got an elastic lace garter holster. she has a beretta 950, so it's really itty-bitty, but they do make them for less-tiny guns as well

Now, if the bride was wearing that it would add a whole new dimension to the traditional "throwing of the garter." [smile]

Back
Top Bottom