• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

carrying at work?

most places I know have policies banning guns at work - even those kept in the car (which I think is kinda dumb in case of theft anyway). what is the solution here? does one obey the handbook and not carry or risk firing and carry?

That is your own call, everyone that has to adhere to these rules must make a conscious decision if they would rather be at risk of losing their job or their life. Concealed means just that - the Don't Ask Don't Tell comes to mind.

That is your own call, everyone that has to adhere to these rules must make a conscious decision if they would rather be at risk of losing their job or their life. Concealed means just that - the Don't Ask Don't Tell comes to mind.

I totally agree with the DADT policy on concealed arms. I'm in the process of renewing and may get an ALP as a result (as that's what im applying for) and its something, especially given the tragedy in AZ, that I'm wrestling with.

My place of work (a hospital) doesn't allow concealed firearms. I've often wrestled with whether to obey or not, but always wind up following the rules. Now, the hospital is in Boston, and I do take public transportation to get there (which often makes me reconsider), but I can't afford to lose my job.

Of course, I run higher risk, but I've made it the first 25 years without carrying daily...

My company doesnt allow it, but when my IWB holster finally shows up, I just might anyway and I dont think my boss that I rarely see will even care.

My companys handbook says no weapons on property. But I sometimes go to the range before work, and there's no way I'm going home to lock up my guns. I lock them up, and lock my truck. What they don't know, won't hurt. Plus they're a**h***s, so F them!!

While concealed means concealed, you have to weigh the risks yourself. Is your employer the sort to disapprove but just make you take it home, or is it instant termination? Can you take that risk of job loss? Everyone's situation is different, so you have to decide for yourself.

I'm an outside sales rep, the company is out of state, and I sometimes have to go to lovely areas like Dorchester and Mattapan to see people so yes- absolutely. The only question is what to do when the boss comes to town for our annual ride along. I'd hate to have a cop ask if I'm carrying if we ever got pulled over.

most places I know have policies banning guns at work - even those kept in the car (which I think is kinda dumb in case of theft anyway). what is the solution here? does one obey the handbook and not carry or risk firing and carry?

Its a very simple, but very personal risk/reward analysis that can only be made by you.

I've carried at some point in almost every job I've had. At one job, my boss discreetly implied to me that she was ok with it. She had
just cut loose a fairly unstable contractor and felt a bit insecure. Our "security" consisted of about a half dozen $12/hr unarmed security guards and probably 200 cameras on a campus of about 10 acres.
All good stuff for helping the prosecution after something bad has already happened.

I even carried in college. Then, almost every day. I lived in New Haven in the late 80s/early 90s, crack ruled the streets. My Seecamp or my 6906 were always with me.

My company has a no weapons policy, but it's not even remotely enforced. As an example, the facilities/maintenance manager bought a Seecamp at a show at the Big E a year or so ago and brought it in to show me. She had it field stripped on my desk when the HR manager and the company president walked by. The HR manager was curious about it and the president just said she should carry something bigger than a .32.

Back
Top Bottom