• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying at Logan

If this has been discussed before I apologize. I am driving someone to the airport on Sunday morning and was wondering if I could carry. I will not be going into the airport. Just dropping them off at arrivals and helping to get their bags to the curb. If anyone knows the answer to this please chime in... And thanks in advance.

Search titles only for "logan airport". Best answers where in thread titled "CCW at Logan"

Good luck finding a legal description of "on the airport".

740 CMR 21.01 - Definitions

Airport - shall mean the land and developments owned, controlled, operated and maintained by the Authority at both Logan International Airport in East Boston, and L.G. Hanscom Field in Bedford, Massachusetts, unless otherwise specified, consisting of runways, taxiways, hangars, control towers, ramps, aprons, wharves, bulkheads, buildings, structures, roads, streets, parking and storage areas, improvements, utilities, facilities, or other real property, necessary or convenient, or desirable, for the landing, takeoff, accommodation and servicing of vehicles or aircraft of all types.

Oh, and don't forget, as Mike-Mike alluded to, the Logan Security Zone...

M.G.L. c.90 s.61

Chapter 90: Section 61. Logan Airport security zone; access; penalties
Section 61. (a) Notwithstanding the provisions of any general or special law to the contrary, as a matter of public safety and security, there is hereby created a security zone bordering the General Edward Lawrence Logan Airport that shall include the area between the mean high water line of said airport and a line measured 500 feet seaward of and parallel to said mean high water line from Wood Island Basin to the easterly end of Jeffries Cove as shown on a plan entitled “Plan of General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport Security Zone” prepared by Massachusetts Port Authority Capital Programs Department, April 2002.

Back
Top Bottom