• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying at home

Zombies never knock.

MrsTwigg usually leaves her 1911 on the coffee table. A neighbor came over the other day to discuss the homeowners association meeting so she threw a magazine over her pistol as she answered the door. She and the neighbor were having a conversation when my son comes out of his room and grabs the magazine (Nitendo games related), exposing the pistol. Neighbors eyes get wide and she said something like "Aren't you concerned about your son with that there ?"

Wife says "No, he's got his own guns in his room."

The [shocked] look on her face was priceless. [smile]
thumbs-up-like-chicken-charlie.png
BigMike likes this

Thats silly. And uts an old, tired argument and an easy out to someone who disagrees with you. And if i am such a troll, then by all means, just ignore me! But I bet you can't. Cuz if i dont toe the line, I must be a. ..... COMMIE!!!! And we all know that is just not allowed here in america.
HAHAHAHA. LEARN MORE, BLAB LESS.

I have no problem with your opinons. It's just that, when your admitted intention is to get folks riled up, then you are, by definition, trolling.

"In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response."

Thanks for posting that link. Do you use one of these? If so, how comfortable is it when you are bent at the waist, as in sitting down?
I use a SmartCarry holster when I wear sweatpants. Carry a S&W 642 and an ammo strip. Very comfortable and easy. Also, they are made to order by U.S. citizen in Florida.

These give me notice when stranger approaches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318464327.568691.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1318464327.568691.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 68
I use a SmartCarry holster when I wear sweatpants. Carry a S&W 642 and an ammo strip. Very comfortable and easy. Also, they are made to order by U.S. citizen in Florida.

Thanks, I will order one at some point just to have the option when I can't have my normal rig with a belt.

Peter Ludwig, a caver from Austria who is appalled by American driving habits, offers the following advice: The probability of being involved in a traffic accident is directly proportional to time spent on the road. Driving fast decreases one’s exposure. One third of traffic accidents are caused by drunk drivers; two thirds are caused by non-drunk drivers.Therefore, the safest way to drive is drunk and VERY fast...

But no i don't carry at home.

Thats my philosophy.

I dont always carry at home, but theres guns everywhere, its like going through your pants pocket you havnt worn in years and finding a 20$ bill, youll find a .38 in a bowl of m&m's. Only half kidding. [wink]

. . . this is now a hardcore fringe politics site, not a shooters site. So now its just a laugh to watch the loonies flip out and lose it over an opinion from a guy online who they don't even know.

Thank God somebody here finally banned this scumbag. Thank you very much. Just in the nick of time, too. Geez, I was starting to wish he would break into my house.

I love it when people tell me that I carry a gun because I'm afraid. I tell them I'm not afraid a gun is not going to stop bad things from happening to me, it just gives me options when they do. I tend to reply to these people, "do you know CPR", and often the answer is yes. And so I ask "why, are you afraid" that's when they get that funny look as they say, "no I just want to be prepared".

That's when I cut the legs out from under them. I say, "why be prepared you can just call 911 and have a professional life saver here to assist", this is where they say with passions " in an emergency every second counts", and I start to giggle my a$$ off and agree with them 100%, in an emergency every second counts. You can't be ready for everything but you can be ready for somethings so why not be.

I've never had to use a gun for self defense, but I have used CPR and I saved a mans life. The weird thing is that I wasn't afraid while doing it, but I was a shaky wreck for about 15 minutes after. The adrenalin I think.

So sgtdemeo if you are still following this post you might want to try and get off you high horse and try to think a little more and criticize less. I thought I knew it all until I discovered this site. My ignorance got me labeled a moonbat, but instead of getting angry I listened. Some of the crap I caught was BS but there was a lot of wisdom and good common sense.

Last edited:
<snip>I tend to reply to these people, "do you know CPR", and often the answer is yes. And so I ask "why, are you afraid" that's when they get that funny look as they say, "no I just want to be prepared".

That's when I cut the legs out from under them. I say, "why be prepared you can just call 911 and have a professional life saver here to assist", this is where they say with passions " in an emergency every second counts", and I start to giggle my a$$ off and agree with them 100%, in an emergency every second counts. <snip>

I'm gonna start using that one. Its very good !

I love it when people tell me that I carry a gun because I'm afraid. I tell them I'm not afraid a gun is not going to stop bad things from happening to me, it just gives me options when they do. I tend to reply to these people, "do you know CPR", and often the answer is yes. And so I ask "why, are you afraid" that's when they get that funny look as they say, "no I just want to be prepared".

That's when I cut the legs out from under them. I say, "why be prepared you can just call 911 and have a professional life saver here to assist", this is where they say with passions " in an emergency every second counts", and I start to giggle my a$$ off and agree with them 100%, in an emergency every second counts. You can't be ready for everything but you can be ready for somethings so why not be.

I've never had to use a gun for self defense, but I have used CPR and I save a mans life. The weird thing is that I wasn't afraid while doing it, but I was a shaky wreck for about 15 minutes after. The adrenalin I think.

So sgtdemeo if you are still following this post you might want to try and get off you high horse and try to think a little more and criticize less. I thought I knew it all until I discovered this site. My ignorance got me labeled a moonbat, but instead of getting angry I listened. Some of the crap I caught was BS but there was a lot of wisdom and good common sense.
+1 using that one, thank you.

Of course look at it this way outside of your house and see a potential problem you can avoid it or prepare yourself. If your in the house you will see no problem until it's too late.

Last edited:
About a year ago, some hard-up junkie threw a dumb-bell through my neighbors living room window at 10am on a sunny Saturday morning. He proceeded to beat my neighbor with said dumb-bell in a robbery attempt. Fortunately my neighbor knew some hand-to-hand and was able to fight the DB off. He ran down the street and through the woods behind my house and was never found, K9 and all. I live out in the sticks where you wouldn't expect anything like this. In fact most of my neighbors don't even lock their doors.

Yes, I carry at home.

Only being a little srcastic, but seeing as you are MANY times more likely to be killed or injured in an auto accident, do you have a 5 point racing harness and a roll cage in your car? You could call it being prepared for what is statistically much more likely to harm you.

Actually, I do have five point racing harnesses and a full roll cage in my daily driver. :)

cage14a.JPG

DSC04925.JPG

<snip> I tend to reply to these people, "do you know CPR", and often the answer is yes. And so I ask "why, are you afraid" that's when they get that funny look as they say, "no I just want to be prepared".

I've never had to use a gun for self defense, but I have used CPR and I saved a mans life. The weird thing is that I wasn't afraid while doing it, but I was a shaky wreck for about 15 minutes after. The adrenalin I think. <snip>

+1 on this from me also and I am one of the Firefighter/Paramedics that will respond when you call 911. I hope everyone knows CPR and has fire extinguishers in your homes and vehicles. When "seconds count" it is unrealistic to think 911 is anything but minutes away. The average Emergency response time in Urban cities in Ma. is generally 4-8 mins. So call 911 early, but realize we can not be anywhere in "seconds" prepare how you see fit!!!

Congrats on your "save" there is no better feeling than to have helped save a life!!!!!!!

Always, on my person in the yard, several in various rooms around the house. But all are secured when I leave home, with the exception of the one or 2 on me;-) wink

Back
Top Bottom