Carrying at home

While my heart is pumping I carry 100% of the time. I have had cancer in the past so I guess those odds are blown. But you NEVER know what's gonna going down in the next minute or two. SO Be Prepared...I'd rather have and not need, than need and not have.

The NRA instructor always (who did house calls) called it being ready for Johnny Crackhead to bust through your door.

This happened here. Two months ago right out front Johnny crashed into another vehicle and I was happy we both carry .45's. Johnny nicely stayed up on the street and nobody was seriously injured.

Only being a little srcastic, but seeing as you are MANY times more likely to be killed or injured in an auto accident, do you have a 5 point racing harness and a roll cage in your car? You could call it being prepared for what is statistically much more likely to harm you.

I do not have a 5 point harness in my car, but I do my best to stay safe and be prepared. I think a bit part of it is paying attention to what is going on around you. This goes for being in the car as well. This is especially true when on my motorcycle (no, I don't have a 5 point harness for that either).

This happened here. Two months ago right out front Johnny crashed into another vehicle and I was happy we both carry .45's. Johnny nicely stayed up on the street and nobody was seriously injured.
+1 - people are too unpredictable to ignore the risk. Besides a .45 on the hip is comforting and I just don't feel right without it.

This is exactly why I carry at home.

Last edited:
There are many reasons I carry at home.

Practice finding comfortable carry methods
Crack heads
Bear

And the number 1 reason I carry at home... My wife is such a lousy cook I may need to shoot what she serves before someone gets hurt

When I decided to carry, it was to have at the very least some response, however meager, to an attacker. If you see me on my lame-ass Home Depot-John Deere lawnmower, singing Led Zeppelin tunes as I mow my lawn, I'm carrying.

Criminals don't try holding up gun shows. Don't seem to have much intrest in abducting a gun store customer. And I have never been mugged at the range. Think like a criminal. Who would you attack, where, when and how. Now don't be that victim.

what are your thoughts? i've heard varying opinions on this matter and would love to hear more. i do carry at home.

Think like a criminal . . .

Where do you think you'll get more "stuff", robbing someone in Roxbury or stealing a car and robbing a house in Weston/Wellesley/Newton?

Many towns pride themselves on convincing their inhabitants that "no crime happens here". And the sheep lap that stuff up, to the point that they leave doors unlocked, garages open, etc. And TPTB make sure most of this stuff is never reported in the local papers so that the town won't look bad.

I know of one such town where there have been numerous home invasions, kidnapping (during one such home invasion), armed robberies, and so on. Almost none of this stuff is reported in the media (withheld by officials intentionally) and the sheep continue to graze contentedly.

A good motto is "expect the unexpected and prepare accordingly"!

Zombies never knock.

MrsTwigg usually leaves her 1911 on the coffee table. A neighbor came over the other day to discuss the homeowners association meeting so she threw a magazine over her pistol as she answered the door. She and the neighbor were having a conversation when my son comes out of his room and grabs the magazine (Nitendo games related), exposing the pistol. Neighbors eyes get wide and she said something like "Aren't you concerned about your son with that there ?"

Wife says "No, he's got his own guns in his room."

The [shocked] look on her face was priceless. [smile]

guess you will have to wait until " go time" to find out for sure.... Hahaha.

Yes. I am actually an avid shooter and gun owner. I practice regularly, and even reload. I just have a great time uttering one sentance views on politics that cause certain folks here to show their true ignorance and hatred. I LOVE firearms. But this is now a hardcore fringe politics site, not a shooters site. So now its just a laugh to watch the loonies flip out and lose it over an opinion from a guy online who they don't even know.

I belive there is a word for someone who does this. I think it rhymes with schmoll.

Most of the time. There is a really suspicious looking woman who hangs around the house, and I think she's up to something.

Is it odd to have an AR leaning against the sofa when watching TV? I wouldn't want to miss go-time.

Joking aside, I do carry at home a lot because I'm trying to get comfortable with it, and because I like to keep the doors and windows open when I'm home if it's nice out.

This, the wife likes to leave the back door open so I carry all the time. If someone walks in I won't have time to get to the safe.

No. I'm never more than 5 feet from a gun while inside. Outside?? No way. Doing yard work while carrying? PITA! Sweating all over your holster and firearm? You will need to wash your holster everyday to get the sweat smell out of it and clean the acidic sweat off your firearm everyday to keep it from rusting. When I'm outside I keep a firearm just inside the nearest door to where I'm working.

I didn't think it was necessary until I had an incident at my house.

Yup, this was exactly my reason for the post. i too had an incident at home, however, even before this i carried at home as well as wherever legally possible. the incident proved to me the speed at which things happen and that it wouldve been, without question, impossible to get to a weapon if it was anywhere other than on the body.

I prefer to wear athletic/sport shorts around the house. Need to figure out how to make that work.

Always, I carry while mowing the lawn. I come home from work late and go upstairs to change come down to watch a little tv with the wife before bed with my gun on me

No. I'm never more than 5 feet from a gun while inside. Outside?? No way. Doing yard work while carrying? PITA! Sweating all over your holster and firearm? You will need to wash your holster everyday to get the sweat smell out of it and clean the acidic sweat off your firearm everyday to keep it from rusting. When I'm outside I keep a firearm just inside the nearest door to where I'm working.

Your last sentence there may be admitting to not being in control of your firearm, under MA storage laws, if you care, you probably don't. ;)

Do you do a lot of hiking or biking or other outdoor activities? If so, do you really clean your holster after every time you've done something outdoorsy? I assume you carry when you're out and about. I do a lot of outdoor stuff and am always carrying. I do tend to work up a sweat pretty quickly too. I've never washed out a holster. After a day of activities I'll just take the gun out of the holster, wipe it down with CLP and just let the holster air out.

Thats silly. And uts an old, tired argument and an easy out to someone who disagrees with you. And if i am such a troll, then by all means, just ignore me! But I bet you can't. Cuz if i dont toe the line, I must be a. ..... COMMIE!!!! And we all know that is just not allowed here in america.
HAHAHAHA. LEARN MORE, BLAB LESS.
mclina:2066312 said:

Yes. I am actually an avid shooter and gun owner. I practice regularly, and even reload. I just have a great time uttering one sentance views on politics that cause certain folks here to show their true ignorance and hatred. I LOVE firearms. But this is now a hardcore fringe politics site, not a shooters site. So now its just a laugh to watch the loonies flip out and lose it over an opinion from a guy online who they don't even know.

I belive there is a word for someone who does this. I think it rhymes with schmoll.

I just keep a loaded shotgun next to the bed....I don't really even carry..not against it at all though...carry concealed..openly..however you want...I support it!

But, but... the intrawebz is serious business![laugh2][rofl]

Back
Top Bottom