• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying at home

MJM

what are your thoughts? i've heard varying opinions on this matter and would love to hear more. i do carry at home.

I always carry at home - 100% of the time. If I'm on the john, gun's on the sink - in the shower, the bathroom door is locked and the gun is in the bathroom with me. If I'm letting my carry gun get a little #9 soak, then I strap on my .38.

The NRA instructor always (who did house calls) called it being ready for Johnny Crackhead to bust through your door.

I carry naked in the house.[banana]

I thought I was the only one!

Maybe I'm mentally Ill but sometime when I fondle my AR I think about how nice it would be for some crackhead to kick the door down while I'm sitting their naked practicing tap, rack, bang.

I wonder what they would think?

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't... I ALWAYS have in the back of my mind a plan to get to the safe quickly!!! I realize in cases of SWAT that if the door gets kicked in I'm f****d because I am a law abiding citizen AND I own a dog but it's a risk I take sometimes

Mike_:2065616 said:
I always carry at home - 100% of the time. If I'm on the john, gun's on the sink - in the shower, the bathroom door is locked and the gun is in the bathroom with me. If I'm letting my carry gun get a little #9 soak, then I strap on my .38.

The NRA instructor always (who did house calls) called it being ready for Johnny Crackhead to bust through your door.

Only being a little srcastic, but seeing as you are MANY times more likely to be killed or injured in an auto accident, do you have a 5 point racing harness and a roll cage in your car? You could call it being prepared for what is statistically much more likely to harm you.

Most of the time. There is a really suspicious looking woman who hangs around the house, and I think she's up to something.

Is it odd to have an AR leaning against the sofa when watching TV? I wouldn't want to miss go-time.

Joking aside, I do carry at home a lot because I'm trying to get comfortable with it, and because I like to keep the doors and windows open when I'm home if it's nice out.

Last edited:
Only being a little srcastic, but seeing as you are MANY times more likely to be killed or injured in an auto accident, do you have a 5 point racing harness and a roll cage in your car? You could call it being prepared for what is statistically much more likely to harm you.
I do! seriously....

Really? You could choke on a peanut. Does that mean you should not eat shelled nuts? Just because the probability is low, doesn't mean it won't happen. I carry ALL the time at home.

Edited my mistakes!

Last edited:
do I carry at home?

Always. A 9mm for the wife is on the dresser, the 45 is at my side. ALWAYS! And of course there is the 12 gague if things get a little "intense"

My chances of getting murdered in the US is 18000:1 and getting killed by lightning is 2,320,000:1 yet even with those odds, I don't go walking around outside in a thunderstorm. I take all precautions that I am able to to keep from getting killed. Carrying reduces the odds of getting murdered as does getting inside during a thunderstorm.

Yeah, and cancer or heart disease is way more likely to kill you than driving in a car, so by all means, don't carry a gun. Ever. You won't need it. [rolleyes]

-Mike

My wife and I are usually either carrying on body or have a weapon within arms reach 90% of the time. There are ALWAYS at least two guns within about 15 seconds of us.

It's not a hassle nor does it present any problems to carry at home, so why not? It's the same reason I carry outside the home. Either way it's extremely unlikely that I will ever need a gun for self-defense. But needing it and not having it means I'm dead.

With consequences like that, I'll take the cautious route.

Last edited:
drgrant:2065682 said:

Yeah, and cancer or heart disease is way more likely to kill you than driving in a car, so by all means, don't carry a gun. Ever. You won't need it. [rolleyes]

-Mike[/QUOTE

My point in saying this is... Do you all take as much caution in mitigating the more likely risks in your life???

My point in saying this is... Do you all take as much caution in mitigating the more likely risks in your life???

I take an inverse proportion look at risk vs preparation. The less likely the risk, the more precaution I take. That's why I always keep my tinfoil hat on for when our alien overlords come to earth trying to take over our minds. [tinfoil]

Peter Ludwig, a caver from Austria who is appalled by American driving habits, offers the following advice: The probability of being involved in a traffic accident is directly proportional to time spent on the road. Driving fast decreases one’s exposure. One third of traffic accidents are caused by drunk drivers; two thirds are caused by non-drunk drivers.Therefore, the safest way to drive is drunk and VERY fast...

But no i don't carry at home.

Sgtdemeo, do you even own a gun? Seriously. I'm just curious, all you do is make inflamatory posts in political topics. Are you a gun owner?

Bob P:2065777 said:
Sgtdemeo, do you even own a gun? Seriously. I'm just curious, all you do is make inflamatory posts in political topics. Are you a gun owner?
guess you will have to wait until " go time" to find out for sure.... Hahaha.

Yes. I am actually an avid shooter and gun owner. I practice regularly, and even reload. I just have a great time uttering one sentance views on politics that cause certain folks here to show their true ignorance and hatred. I LOVE firearms. But this is now a hardcore fringe politics site, not a shooters site. So now its just a laugh to watch the loonies flip out and lose it over an opinion from a guy online who they don't even know.

Back
Top Bottom