Carrying and using the head

OK, so I've seen posts on how to avoid printing and how to avoid looking like you're carrying by not touching/fiddling with the carry gun, but one issue occured to me.

What do you do when you're carrying, and you need use a public toilet? The open bottom of the stall would seem to offer a pretty good view of the pistol. How do you resolve the issue?

I carry a j-frame so it's easy for me to simply take it out of the inside-the-pants holster and slip it temporarily in my trouser pocket. They may or may not catch glimpse of the empty holster itself, but without the gun in place, it looks like cellphone clip.

OK, so I've seen posts on how to avoid printing and how to avoid looking like you're carrying by not touching/fiddling with the carry gun, but one issue occured to me.

What do you do when you're carrying, and you need use a public toilet? The open bottom of the stall would seem to offer a pretty good view of the pistol. How do you resolve the issue?

hang it on the hook on the back of the door by the trigger guard! I hear that works good.

JK, don't do that.

Either don't drop your pants all the way to your ankles, or pull the holster and gun off your belt as ONE and hold it on your lap. Some people put it on the back of the toilet on the tank if there is one. Just make sure you don't forget it.

If you have to ask this question,maybe it's just better you leave your weapon at home.

A little harsh, no?

Someone new to carrying might have questions that more seasoned folks think is stupid. I personally don't think it's that dumb of a question and i'd rather he ask it here and get advice than do the wrong thing and freak out a sheep and lose his LTC.

Why drop your pants down to your ankles? Its not like you are at home and relaxed on a public toilet. Pull your pants down to your knees and use the tension to keep the open waist there. If you've really got to relax to drop an Austin Powers #2, then remove the holster and use your underwear as a hammock.

Works for me. Just chuck it in the undies. You'll never forget its there.
It could be embarassing explaining how skid marks got on the holster though.

Why drop your pants down to your ankles? Its not like you are at home and relaxed on a public toilet. Pull your pants down to your knees and use the tension to keep the open waist there. If you've really got to relax to drop an Austin Powers #2, then remove the holster and use your underwear as a hammock.

That's what I do. Anyone want to try my 340M&P at the next shoot?

OMG, that is the best explanation I have read in a long time. [rofl2]

I draw it and point it at the door in case somebody tries a stall invasion while I'm dropping a deuce.

Now that's sone funny shit right there. [smile]

Just chuck it in the undies. You'll never forget its there.

You would be surprised...[wink]

Think of the last time there was someone in the stall next to you. How much time did you spend checking out the waistband of his pants around his ankles? If you are like most people, you don't spend a lot of time checking out the person next to you. I'm guessing that even if you had a small black holster hanging off your belt, most people wouldn't even realize it.

I bet you have cats, too.....

And fuzzy slippers.... [laugh2]

Eddie Coyle on Hanwei: "Dead to me."

Winner in the clubhouse.

No, they're really really not.[laugh]

Just TRY and tell me this isn't stylish. And don't worry... I don't really have this one.

I have the one with the blue rhinestones.

sequinnedfannypack_large_EM9eP_7860.jpg

Did it occur to anyone that if a guy sees your holster/gun from under the
stall, that person is probably a friggan pervert?

Dispatcher: 911 Emergency... please state your name and location.....

Caller: "OMGS!!! There's a man with a gun taking a dump in the mens bathroom!!!"

Dispatcher: "And you know this information, how?"

Caller: "I was looking under the toilet stalls..."

Dispatcher: "And who the hell are you, Larry Craig? "

Just keep your pants around your thighs and do your business. I've never understood why people drop their pants to their ankles to crap. Man I don't want my pants on the bathroom floor [puke]. Must be the same people who stand at the urinal and drop their pants to the floor [rofl]

Well i guess if your really gonna stink the joint up, you outta fire a couple of warning shots just as a courtesy, to let everyone know.

Just TRY and tell me this isn't stylish.

It isn't stylish. It even looks bad on her.

But you might be onto something...

Instead of using the restroom, you can just take a dump in the fanny pack, floss your crack with the strap, and throw it into the dumpster. Two birds, meet one stone.

Instead of using the restroom, you can just take a dump in the fanny pack, floss your crack with the strap, and throw it into the dumpster. Two birds, meet one stone.

Some days Jim, you are on f'n fire. That was hilarious. [laugh2]

[rofl2] This thread is awesome!

Jim... c'mon... tell me how you REALLY feel [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Back
Top Bottom