• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carrying a loaded gun ????

So someone today asked me if I carry with a round in the chamber and I responded " what's the point in carrying if I don't". He replies that it is illegal to have a round chambered. That's rediculous if you as me. Anyone ever head that before?

So someone today asked me if I carry with a round in the chamber and I responded " what's the point in carrying if I don't". He replies that it is illegal to have a round chambered. That's rediculous if you as me. Anyone ever head that before?

People say lots of stupid things. Ever been to a gun shop?

There is no MA law against carrying in public with one in the chamber so long as you have an LTC-A ALP and are not doing so on school grounds or in a federally prohibited building.

So someone today asked me if I carry with a round in the chamber and I responded " what's the point in carrying if I don't". He replies that it is illegal to have a round chambered. That's rediculous [sic] if you as me. Anyone ever heard that before?

No. The scope of stupidity continues to amaze me.

Where did you find this luminary?

As replied to me STUPIDITY
not like it would have changed how I carry no criminal will allow me to take a moment to chamber a round

My response would be, "the law doesn't distinguish between loaded or unloaded carry. If you have an unrestricted license you can carry. If you don't you transport it locked in a case unloaded."

Then they respond with all sorts of logic.

Then you state, "so were are in agreement that the Mass gun laws are stupid?" [smile]

Honestly I had one of these moments with a relative at Christmas knew someone that inherited a Luger bring back but removed the firing pin so he wouldn't get in trouble with the law because he doesn't have a license or keep it locked. I told him that wasn't good enough for Mass. He responded with logic. I responded with "so were are in agreement..."

Last edited:
Was this guy old enough to remember cowboy days and not carrying with a loaded chamber under the hammer??? Tell him about the internet too, he might find it fascinating.

I was watching am movie the other day on tv, a guy was reloading his pistol and it made the sound of a shotgun racking a round. Even my girlfriend picked up on that.

...and when he took it out of the holster it sounded like someone dropping a typewriter down a flight of stairs.

there have been millions of wasted rounds carelessly racked out for added drama, I wonder if someone had a gun to my head and racked out a round id say you might need that... what if the first 7 dont kill me the 8th might. stupid

Every time someone racks the slide on a chambered round on TV or in the movies... I actually get nauseous.

Back
Top Bottom