Carry your gun (Hunter vs. Dogs)...

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some BS reasoning brought up by some FUDD thinking hunters would get their high capacity clips and that shooting at deers with it.

"MUH Shorgun has 2 shots, you don't need more than that."
"MUH Muzzleloader gets one shot"

(Used "clips" on purpose)
I believe it has something to do with the round of a handgun not being humane when taking down game? I don't hunt but I thought this was the reason behind it, I could be wrong

I believe it has something to do with the round of a handgun not being humane when taking down game? I don't hunt but I thought this was the reason behind it, I could be wrong
People elsewhere in the country hunt with handguns. 357 Mag was used for handgun hunting pretty much since its development. Even here in MA, there's a handgun season for black bear.

I'm sure you're right that this is among the historic arguments, but it's not a very complete one.

The regs say you only get 1 hunting implement. Even if you’re bow hunting the bow is the only thing you can carry. The law should be changed but it won’t. A collapsible baton is not a bad idea.
I didn't think they allowed handguns for hunting in MA. So the handgun isn't a hunting implement. It's a self defense implement [smile]

If I hunted, there is no way in hell I wouldn't carry a handgun.

More to protect myself from other hunters than 4 legged animals. Like that Vietnamese dude that hunted down and killed like 4 hunters in Wisconsin that told him to get out of their hunting area.

More to protect myself from other hunters than 4 legged animals. Like that Vietnamese dude that hunted down and killed like 4 hunters in Wisconsin that told him to get out of their hunting area.
It was six hunters he shot and killed and wounding 2 others

I didn't think they allowed handguns for hunting in MA. So the handgun isn't a hunting implement. It's a self defense implement [smile]
Black Bear - Revolver [...]
Crow - Rifles and handguns.
Rabbit and Hare - Rifles and handguns [...]
Squirrel - Rifles and handguns [...]
Coyote - Rifles and handguns [...]
Fox - Rifles and handguns [...]
Bobcat - Rifles and handguns [...]
Raccoon and Opossum - Rifles and handguns [...]

Thanks, was totally going off my fading memory on that one :)
I had to look it up as I'd heard about this but didn't think it was 6 dead. I thought it was "several" though. My brother who lives in Minnesota told me about it years ago.

Black Bear - Revolver [...]
Crow - Rifles and handguns.
Rabbit and Hare - Rifles and handguns [...]
Squirrel - Rifles and handguns [...]
Coyote - Rifles and handguns [...]
Fox - Rifles and handguns [...]
Bobcat - Rifles and handguns [...]
Raccoon and Opossum - Rifles and handguns [...]
I stand corrected. So don't hunt any of those with your handgun, now it's still not a hunting implement [smile] [laugh]

Not supposed to carry a handgun in Ma while hunting I believe but I'll take my chances. Ton of coyote in my area. I don't trust those bastards. Carry anytime I'm in the woods for that matter. Seen deliverance too many times
f*** them and their stupid laws. Carry everywhere until they start putting metal detectors at the edge of the woods.

Edit: shit I shouldn’t have given Maura any ideas.

It was six hunters he shot and killed and wounding 2 others

That dude was trouble waiting to happen and he had a real short fuse. Wandering onto private property that was purchased for the deer hunting season and taking over someone’s stand was not a good idea. Being from Laos, he could not fathom the idea of private property and hunting rights, but he was batshit crazy nonetheless! No one in their right mind would go to Def Con 1 over a hunting stand.

When I moved out here in 2021, the farmer next door to me told me if I didn't own any guns I should get a good handgun (at least). I assured him I was all set. He said "good...you want to carry a pistol all the time, especially if you are out about and on your property as there are sightings of Mountain lions here in this neck of the woods.

He has several pictures of them, one of them dragging a fawn and also one stalking one of his calves. A shot from his 308 scared it off. I have seen cat tracks around here but not sure if it was a large bobcat or a smaller lion. I'm going to install a game camera on the back side of my barn which faces the area I keep seeing tracks.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was some BS reasoning brought up by some FUDD thinking hunters would get their high capacity clips and that shooting at deers with it.

"MUH Shorgun has 2 shots, you don't need more than that."
"MUH Muzzleloader gets one shot"

(Used "clips" on purpose)
Its certainly not FUDD hunters.

Its the fxcking MA Fish and Game laws....... Hunters don't make up the laws, our a**h*** legislature does with the help of our retarded Fish & Wildlife division.
But yes, the thinking is that we can't control ourselves and will shoot game with pistols, also obviously anything to restrict conceal carry they will sign up for.

I'm not sure that it's "no two implements" so much as "during these times, pistols and rifles are forbidden"

Some excerpts from Page 20 of the 2022 Abstracts - Hunting Prohibitions
Possession of rifles and handguns on WMAs stocked with pheasant or quail during the pheasant and quail season
During the shotgun deer season, possession of rifles, handguns, or dogs in any woodland or field, or use of same on any game, is prohibited

I'm not sure that it's "no two implements" so much as "during these times, pistols and rifles are forbidden"

Some excerpts from Page 20 of the 2022 Abstracts - Hunting Prohibitions
That reg is gone. From the 2023 Abstracts:

"Expanded hunting implement use on pheasant and quail-stocked Wildlife Manage-
ment Areas (WMA) for certain game: Hunters can now use all legal methods to hunt
game other than pheasant and quail on pheasant and quail-stocked WMAs. Previ-
ously, all hunters were restricted on WMAs to shotgun and archery equipment only.
See each species’ page for details. In addition, legal hunting implements for pheasant
and quail on all public and private land statewide are now shotgun and archery only"

That reg is gone. From the 2023 Abstracts:

"Expanded hunting implement use on pheasant and quail-stocked Wildlife Manage-
ment Areas (WMA) for certain game: Hunters can now use all legal methods to hunt
game other than pheasant and quail on pheasant and quail-stocked WMAs. Previ-
ously, all hunters were restricted on WMAs to shotgun and archery equipment only.
See each species’ page for details. In addition, legal hunting implements for pheasant
and quail on all public and private land statewide are now shotgun and archery only"
Thanks. I have a print copy, but not at my desk and hadn't downloaded the digital. I'll go do that now.

Edit -
So there's still the reg during deer shotgun, but that looks like it.:
During the shotgun deer season, possession of rifles, handguns, or dogs in any woodland or field, or use of same on any game, is prohibited. The use of dogs is lawful for hunting waterfowl on coastal waters.
Which certainly sounds like "the orange army can't be trusted." I don't personally have the background to guess who started it.

Last edited:
LOL!

Considering in MA (unless on private land with permission) its pretty much illegal to ride an ATV anywhere.....carrying a pistol on it......if your riding illegally....would likely be just another charge thrown in. Anyway, I do believe with the newer ATV laws MA went out of the way to make sure you couldn't carry concealed on an ATV if I remember right.
Exactly........

But you are legal to ride a registered ATV on any public way "not maintained for conventional vehicles" Not many of those around anymore but there are some up here in the hills.

I know because I went up in front of the Board of Selectmen in my town because I was ticketed (by an out of control MSP) for riding on an unmaintained public way (actually a continuation of the road I live on that has no houses). They backed me and provided me with proof. I went to court and won.

I ride my ATV most every day around here and pass MSP who are patrolling the gates for Springfield Water (Coble Mountain Reservoir) and they just wave at me now.

Thanks. I have a print copy, but not at my desk and hadn't downloaded the digital. I'll go do that now.

Edit -
So there's still the reg during deer shotgun, but that looks like it.:

Which certainly sounds like "the orange army can't be trusted." I don't personally have the background to guess who started it.
Think about how stupid it is. The rest of the year you can carry a concealed pistol, but probably get jammed up for carrying a shotgun.

During hunting season, you get to carry the shotgun, but not the pistol now. What is their concern about the pistol? If they could give me any kind of rational answer to that, I would feel better even though I disagree. It just makes absolutely no sense at all even from a libtard point of view.

If it matters, I don’t hunt, but if I did, my carry routine wouldn’t change

Think about how stupid it is. The rest of the year you can carry a concealed pistol, but probably get jammed up for carrying a shotgun.

During hunting season, you get to carry the shotgun, but not the pistol now. What is their concern about the pistol? If they could give me any kind of rational answer to that, I would feel better even though I disagree. It just makes absolutely no sense at all even from a libtard point of view.

If it matters, I don’t hunt, but if I did, my carry routine wouldn’t change
Oh, I completely agree.

If it's during shotgun season, but I'm walking on a WMA on a Sunday, I'd be legal to carry right?

Back
Top Bottom