Carry your gun (Hunter vs. Dogs)...

Andy in NH

NES Life Member
NES Member
Last edited:
Not supposed to carry a handgun in Ma while hunting I believe but I'll take my chances. Ton of coyote in my area. I don't trust those bastards. Carry anytime I'm in the woods for that matter. Seen deliverance too many times
Exactly. And if you had to draw to eliminate attacking dogs eviscerate the ccarcasses with buckshot or follow up shot with musket.

I've hunted the NH woods for many years and have carried a pistol with me at all times. My main firearm is a Ruger .44 Magnum Carbine but I still like having a secondary firearm just in case - for four or two legged sources of attack.

lol what is this shit

According to the Athens Banner-Herald, all three dogs were euthanized after the mandatory quarantine, and the woman who owned them received a citation for being in possession of dangerous animals.

so stupid c*** lets her dogs loose (likely without notifying animal control or something) they go bite the shit out of someone, and all she just gets a "citation" aka, a fine? WTAF?

like lets say I own a tiger. it gets out and eats someone. I would expect to go to the clink for that one.

It's not just four legged creatures. Lets not forget this gem.

If I'm going hunting without a semi-auto rifle I always have a pistol. Sometimes situational awareness leaves people when they are hunting, I'll never understand.

I thought you could Carry while hunting in ma if you had a ltc. I may be wrong. My cousin definitely does. But he doesn’t give a fuxk about the commie bullshit.

The regs say you only get 1 hunting implement. Even if you’re bow hunting the bow is the only thing you can carry. The law should be changed but it won’t. A collapsible baton is not a bad idea.

Not supposed to carry a handgun in Ma while hunting I believe but I'll take my chances. Ton of coyote in my area. I don't trust those bastards. Carry anytime I'm in the woods for that matter. Seen deliverance too many times
I never understood that, it is f*cking stupid.

The regs say you only get 1 hunting implement. Even if you’re bow hunting the bow is the only thing you can carry. The law should be changed but it won’t. A collapsible baton is not a bad idea.
I don’t recall ever seeing that in the regs, but admittedly wasn’t looking for it. Can you point out where it says that?

I didn’t know about the two implement rule..
I know of people that bring two black powder gun for a quick second shot…

Them deer are so fast I can’t see having time for a second shot

Also not supposed to carry a loaded gun on an ATV in MA.

But with all the wildlife that do not like visitors (some of it rabid) I do all the time.

Some gun laws create more danger than they eliminate.

Also not supposed to carry a loaded gun on an ATV in MA.

But with all the wildlife that do not like visitors (some of it rabid) I do all the time.

Some gun laws create more danger than they eliminate.
Isn't that NH and not MA

lol what is this shit

so stupid c*** lets her dogs loose (likely without notifying animal control or something) they go bite the shit out of someone, and all she just gets a "citation" aka, a fine? WTAF?

like lets say I own a tiger. it gets out and eats someone. I would expect to go to the clink for that one.
At this point I am convinced the majority of dog owners are terrible/irresponsible

Isn't that NH and not MA
LOL!

Considering in MA (unless on private land with permission) its pretty much illegal to ride an ATV anywhere.....carrying a pistol on it......if your riding illegally....would likely be just another charge thrown in. Anyway, I do believe with the newer ATV laws MA went out of the way to make sure you couldn't carry concealed on an ATV if I remember right.

Me either. You're already in the woods w/ a long gun or bow, wtf difference does it make if you also have a handgun on you?
I wouldn't be surprised if it was some BS reasoning brought up by some FUDD thinking hunters would get their high capacity clips and that shooting at deers with it.

"MUH Shorgun has 2 shots, you don't need more than that."
"MUH Muzzleloader gets one shot"

(Used "clips" on purpose)

Back
Top Bottom