• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carry the Fallen Benefit Steel Challenge Match at Pioneer Sportsmen Club November 1st

Mark your calendars! Pioneer Sportsmen will hold a Steel Challenge match November 1st with ALL the registration fees going directly to Active Heroes -Carry the Fallen in Justin Fitch's name. There may be a fastest gun side match as well. More details to follow! Please come and join us for a day of camaraderie, remembrance and fun!

http://activeheroes.org

Question please contact James Davis

[email protected]

Hope to see you at the range!

I've been thinking about trying out steel challenge over at Pioneer, and this is the first date that will probably work out for me. Is this event appropriate for someone who's never shot steel challenge? I'm a competent pistol shooter/handler, so I don't worry about being a safety hazard, but don't want to gum up the works of a match that's at a higher level than me.

I've been thinking about trying out steel challenge over at Pioneer, and this is the first date that will probably work out for me. Is this event appropriate for someone who's never shot steel challenge? I'm a competent pistol shooter/handler, so I don't worry about being a safety hazard, but don't want to gum up the works of a match that's at a higher level than me.

Steel challenge is a excellent discipline to get started with. Good reliable equipment and safe gun handling skills are all you need. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. See you at the match

James

Steel challenge is a excellent discipline to get started with. Good reliable equipment and safe gun handling skills are all you need. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. See you at the match

James

Awesome, thanks! I'll ask a couple of questions in the thread in case there are other newbies wondering the same things. So the regular match guidelines apply? $20 registration and I can run a second gun for another $10? I've got at least 5 mags for each of the pistols I would run, so that should be enough, if I'm reading the website correctly. Lastly, I'd just show up between 8:30 and 11:00 to register, no need to pre-register? Thanks for the quick response, I think I'm gonna plan on this.

This being a benefit match the match fee was increased to $30.00, second gun is still $10.00. No need to pre-register, just sign in at the club house between 8:30 and 11:00. Look forward to seeing you at the range and bring a friend

James

Other than a couple of pin shoots, this will be my first competitive event....could be fun to watch.
You will love it. I have shot about 6 matches this season and this coming weekend I'm shooting in mini walls of steel in Connecticut. it's like steel challenge on steroids. I haven't shot idpa or uspsa yet but I really like steel challenge. Next year I plan on shooting it with a Smith and Wesson 627 pro series revolver to make it more difficult.

Sent from my liberal free bunker.

So we're a week out from what will be my first steel challenge. Right now the weather looks good, but will this run rain or shine? Just found out a couple guys from my club will be there, really looking forward to it.

Thank you all for coming out to support Carry the Fallen by participating in this benefit match. Pioneer Sportsmen, Inc in conjunction with this match raised a little over $4,000 for this cause. A lot of work goes in to putting a match together and I would like to thank everyone who volunteered their time and assistance in making this such a success. A special thanks to Chris Tessier, Andy Nash and Seneca Higgins.

Please let me know if there are any errors or omissions. Due to the rain, some of the score sheets were difficult to decipher.

Below you will find Practiscore links to the match for additional analysis

Steel Challenge: https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=59335d85-2242-474f-84d2-3ed9d4cb35ea

Side Match: https://practiscore.com/results.php?uuid=90bffebf-458a-42d7-b296-db12b092e4b3

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom