Carry permit in RI

Ok, so I had decided to try to receive a carry permit, since I'm afraid it will be absolutely impossible after 2008 election [frown]
I was already told that this is long process, you have to be photographed, fingerprinted and so on. But also you have to provide reasons why do you need to carry a weapon with you. Problem is, I do not have one which can be considered good enough. Here are some possible reasons.
I work at the research laboratory, where we use live animals, and frequently have to stay in the building by myself. The Boss will sign all papers for that.
I am a female living in a not-so-nice neighborhood and often come back home after midnight.
I work 4-midnight shifts and have to walk through the parking lot to my car.

Well, I just do not know if it sounds like a good reason for those who decide for us whether we can protect ourselves. Can anyone suggest anything else? Had anyone already been through this process and has sone clues for me?
Thanks!

Can anyone suggest anything else? Had anyone already been through this process and has sone clues for me?

Hopefully DavidK will see this thread and join in. He is a well-known and respected instructor down there and probably knows the RI system much better than most of us.

Perhaps these guys can help you find an attorney in RI to assist with the process: http://www.cralri.com/aboutcral.shtml

+1

Carry permits are a real problem in RI. Hire one of the attorneys at CRALRI. That will give you your best chance.

These guys beat me to it [smile]
Visit CRAL and ask Jim the owner of the site. He will be more then helpful to you.
I live in Burrilliville and had no problem getting my town issued permit, not sure about Providence. Good Luck [wink]

Like MA, Some towns are more likely to issue a CCW than others. My town is black. [sad2]

ETA, You can get a CCW through the AG..... if you want to go down that road.

Like MA, Some towns are more likely to issue a CCW than others. My town is black. [sad2]

ETA, You can get a CCW through the AG..... if you want to go down that road.

Is there any relation between the town being black or white and CCW issue? Just curious [grin] As far as I know Providence is mixed, and my particular neighborhood is a little bit of everything, I guess the only race not represented there is Marsians [smile]
Yeah, a couple fo people told me already the getting it through AG is the easiest way.

Is there any relation between the town being black or white and CCW issue? Just curious [grin] As far as I know Providence is mixed, and my particular neighborhood is a little bit of everything, I guess the only race not represented there is Marsians [smile]
Yeah, a couple fo people told me already the getting it through AG is the easiest way.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8703&highlight=massachusetts+town

Don't think he was talking about race. Its about color code of this chart.

http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=36841&highlight=rhode+island+rights

Is there any relation between the town being black or white and CCW issue? Just curious [grin] As far as I know Providence is mixed, and my particular neighborhood is a little bit of everything, I guess the only race not represented there is Martians [smile]
Yeah, a couple of people told me already the getting it through AG is the easiest way.

I don't believe TypeO1313 was referring to race, black being that his chief ignores the law and does not issue. I would not refer to a permit through the AG as easy, as he has all the discretion to approve or deny for any reason that pleases him. Living in Providence, your issuing authority per RIGL 11-47-2 is the police commissioners board, in turn that means the commissioner of public safety who is none other than David Sissylini. You would have had a better time getting Charlton Heston to give up his guns than to have Sissylini issue a permit, hell I'd be impressed if someone got an application. Back to the topic at hand, the towns by law are shall issue, but Providence at the present time is a lost cause, so you will need to apply to the AG. If you can demonstrate NEED he MAY issue a permit. I would also suggest checking out www.cralri.com and posting in 'carry permits' i am sure Jim or another knowledgeable member will point you in the right direction for your need letter.

Last edited:
CCW.jpg

http://forum.cralri.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=964

Yelena don't you also work with and control/ lock up controlled substances(drugs) as part of your work. Late night, closing alone, controlled substance supervision, sounds like need to me.

Back
Top Bottom