Carry in 31 States Utah LTC

The Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford is hosting a Utah permit class on October 5 2019 starting at 10:00 AM. It is being run by the New England Firearms Academy.

Besides the permit itself there is a great deal of information to be gained on the laws of other states and the problems associated with traveling around the country with firearms.

To reserve a spot send a $25 deposit made out to the

Rod and Gun Club of New Bedford

Send it to:

Thomas Carvalho
148 Shaw Rd
Fairhaven MA 02719

My email is [email protected]

New England Firearms Academy – Firearms Training in MA

upload_2019-9-7_10-33-33-png.301698

Has anyone gotten the FL or AZ licenses? If it’s just as good why is the UT LTC the one I always hear about?

Yes. Ive had the FL permit for a decade now. You hear about it because the UT permit requires a specific course which people can make money off of you by offering it. All you need for the FL permit is your initial state cert.

Has anyone gotten the FL or AZ licenses? If it’s just as good why is the UT LTC the one I always hear about?

I live in GA and have a GA weapons permit.
I used to live in CT, I live up here in the summer. I have a non-resident CT permit.

I have non-resident FL, UT and NH permits; (yes I know NH is a constitutional carry state now).

FL and UT are roughly interchangeable, they're both accepted by a lot of states, use this map builder to compare them:
Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Map Builder

Something to think about is that the acceptance of permits by various states is subject to change. It's all based upon agreements between the states. For example, South Carolina is a border state for me. I needed my FL non-resident permit to carry there up until about two years ago. SC amended their laws to recognize GA's weapon permits, so I can now carry in SC on my GA permit.

My resident GA permit is accepted in something like 33 or 34 states. My non-resident CT permit, (which was my resident permit), is good in about 25 states, pretty much the same coverage as a MA resident permit.

For me, it's a little redundant because GA is more accepted than CT. It's pretty much as as good as UT or FL. But I keep both my UT and FL permits because of the possibility of agreements changing. It's not expensive to renew them.

I've had the AZ license for many, many years. Quick, simple and easy. It offered everything UT did, without the hassle of a special class. Why people ignore it is beyond me.

“Just as good” is relative.

It depends on the states you frequent or are planning to visit. I spend time in Florida so it was a Florida Non-Resident for me.

Bob

This is a couple of years old but it will give you the general idea:

Top 5 Best Non-Resident Concealed Carry Permits

Back
Top Bottom