Carry gun. What do you carry?

I carry a Sig P239 9mm, either inside the pants in a High Noon, "Mr. Softy", or on the belt in a Don Hume Open Top pancake. Also tote a P229R .40cal in a Hume Open Top as well. Two spare mags. in Hume Clip-On Pouches with either piece, a streamlight flashlight and I'm good to go.

My summer carry is a 642 in the Uncle Mikes pocket holster. M&P in the winter when I can wear more clothes. The Uncle Mikes stays in the pocket when you draw and the 642 does not print in the pocket.
I must say the 642 is very acurate and the trigger does smooth out the more you pull the trigger. If I'm in a hurry I always opt for the 642.

Last edited:
For my S & W 442 I use a Desantis Superfly pocket holster. I wear it in my front right pants pocket and it looks like you have a wallet in your pocket. But no one would guess it was a gun. Works great. [grin] I use an inside coat pocket in the winter. The 442 only weighs 17 ounces fully loaded.

carry 99%of the time...KT P3AT with hard chrome slide in a JS pocket holster and a 9 round backup mag. G19 3rdGen with 15rnds when it gets colder in ultrathin kydex FIST holster.
Just got my Raven ACR for the G19 but havent used it much yet. Looking to get a KT PF-9 hardchrome to up the power level from the 380.

If you are looking for a holster that feels like you only have the pistol in your waistband then look at Fist-Inc holsters.

Last edited:
Umm I'm a little overkill if you can call it that. I carry this little puppy
Para3.jpg

Bond Arms .45 Colt/410 derringer, usually with 2 .45's, often in a belt holster made from a PDA holster with 2 extra .45 rounds and 2 .410 shells strapped to the top or else just stuck in a pocket.

Many folks wouldn't feel comfortable carrying only two rounds...but I live in NH which is the safest state in the union, and I live in a safe part of the state, and almost all armed self defense encounters require 0 or 1 shots fired. I call the derringer my "ounce of prevention" as the two rounds combined are over an ounce of lead and those twin over/under barrels are intimidating...and powerful.

Informative to see what you fellas are carrying seasonally.
Summer carry:S&W 49 bodyguard .38 w/ crimson trace,638 bodyguard .38w/crimson trace.both with .38 cal,135 gr.gold dot h.p.short barrel ammo,649 boyguard .357w/ big dot tritium front sight &crimson trace , loaded with federal 158 gr. nyclad.
Cooler weather carry: use to carry a 1911 A1 w/8 round mags.45acp with 185 gr.remington jhp 1140f.p.s.534 f.p.e. .Discovered 155 GR. wincester silver tip .40 S&W at 1240f.p.s / 501 f.p.e. so I swithched to a glock 23c w 13 round mags.
However,like someone said any gun with any bullets will surfice.

Beretta 950fs Jetfire in .25 in the front right pocket or on ankle (depending on clothing that day)

G-19 IWB or Ruger SP-101 with bobbed hammer .357 IWB depending.

I'm starting to get away from the ruger, it's a bit heavy and low capacity is a big downside (for any wheelgun)

Beretta 950fs Jetfire in .25 in the front right pocket or on ankle (depending on clothing that day)

G-19 IWB or Ruger SP-101 with bobbed hammer .357 IWB depending.

I'm starting to get away from the ruger, it's a bit heavy and low capacity is a big downside (for any wheelgun)

FWIW with my infinitesimal knowledge, how about swap the SP-101 for an LCR in .357 and carry that as your BUG to the G19. 15 rounds of 9mm + 5 x .357 (not including spare mags/speedloaders). Eh?

FWIW with my infinitesimal knowledge, how about swap the SP-101 for an LCR in .357 and carry that as your BUG to the G19. 15 rounds of 9mm + 5 x .357 (not including spare mags/speedloaders). Eh?

That sounds like a rather good move. Do you have the lcr? I know it's as light as a bastard, how is it on controllability for follow-ups? I carry it with Golden Saber 125gr jhp. How about as a straight pocket pistol?

Gen4 G19 most of the time in a Comptac CTAC or Raven Phantom.

IMG_8835.jpg

And when I can't carry that... I carry an MK9 Elite 03 in a Smart Carry.

IMG_7845.jpg

IMG_7864.jpg

Back
Top Bottom