Carry gun. What do you carry?

Generally my S&W 1911PD. Used to carry a S&W M&P9c but now that my shoulders have healed if I were not to carry my 9c I would carry me S&W M&P40c.

If you can, use a Glock 66. It's a G36 slide using a G30SF frame, therebye giving you a .45ACP in the size and weight of a G23. [smile]

The G30 is almost that to begin with. I guess the narrower slide makes the gun thinner, but it doesn't change the size of the frame....

Not to mention for most people, you're going to have to buy the G30/30SF host gun at one point or another, which means you'll probably have like $800+ tied up in the thing by the time you're done. (Instead of $550 or whatever my G30SF cost me at the time... ) Maybe it's just me, but I don't necessarily think that removing recoiling mass from the slide is all that smart, either.... apparently it works for some people.

-Mike

I carry these

gunshow.jpg

SP101 or SR9c soon 642 or 442

I am going to pick up a 442 or 642 in the near future. For now I usually carry the SR9c when I am wearing jeans and a button down. The SP101 gets carried when I am wearing shorts and a T-Shirt.

Attachments

• 11847.jpg
    11847.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 72
Lots of Glocks for carry!

Walther PK380 again, once it's back from S&W. Glock 27 is new and don't have a concealed cary option just yet.

Glock 17 in a drop leg holster for camping and outdoor adventures.

The 38 Chief Special has a lot of sentimental value and I can't justify carrying just yet...

I been checking crossbreed IWB holsters for a while and have only heard great things! Going to pick one up for the Glock and Walther soon I believe.

Since I started not long ago I decided to carry my S+W PPK/S. For a holster I went with the Done Hume H715-M based off some good feedback I read about them. So far so good with it. I find it conceals easily under a t-shirt and especially colder weather clothes. As far as ammo right now I have Remington Golden Sabers in it but I am thinking about moving to FMJ due to penetration reasons discussed in recent threads on here and other reading I have done. Down the road I might go with a small 45acp though.

M&P9c is my daily with a Comp-Tac MTAC. it's a little much in the summer but fine in the fall. Thinking of a pocket revolver before next spring.

My carry revolver is a S & W 442, .38 Special +p. It's comfortable in the front pocket, light, reliable, easy to use. It doesn't kick much with light target loads, but the +p loads sting your hand. All the power I need.

Sig 226 in cold weather, Sig 229 in warm weather. Both OWB in a Galco Concealed carry holster, both in 40. Hornady or Winchester Elite. At least one spare magazine. I have been wearing untucked button down shirts for years anyway and I am pretty wide through the shoulders. It works for me and has never been an issue.

Compacts just feel wrong to me.

i bought a pm9 and put my 200 through to break it in. carried that for a while, summer clothing. really like it. kinda wish i went with the .40.

now, i mostly carry my g27. occasionally bring out the g30.

I carry a 642. LOVE IT. Mostly becuase of the size and reliability.

As far as accurate....eeehhhhhh....i'm not good with it. Its really a 20-25' gun for me.

But in most cases thats enough.

I carry a 642. LOVE IT. Mostly becuase of the size and reliability.

As far as accurate....eeehhhhhh....i'm not good with it. Its really a 20-25' gun for me.

But in most cases thats enough.

Practice, dude. There's not much reason at all to only be able to hit out to 25' with the weapon you're depending on to save your life.

Even if you don't have the money for ammo....dry fire. Practice trigger control and keeping your sights on target. With a DA revolver, IME...dry fire practice is necessary, but thankfully it's also stupidly easy. Just make sure she's empty and keep pulling that trigger.

Back
Top Bottom