• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

carry conceled at work??????

I Have a LTC/A unrestricted. The company has in their hanbook "no firearms on the jobsites".I am a carpenter .I work in boston and everywhere else in the state of MA.I was wondering can they overide MA. law an the 2nd amendment? I still carry. I don't go into any goverment bulidings. just looking for some answers.thanks John[slap][rolleyes]

unfortunately the courts have upheld that companies can make a policy like this and hold you to it.

recently they just agreed that companies can make and enforce a policy that prevents employees from leaving a firearm in their car during work.

IMO, id does infringe on your rights...

but unfortunately, the courts side with the employer.

Now, that is, IMO, where the "Conceled" part comes in. If no one knows you are carrying... then it should never be an issue. but that is at your own risk.

Now, that is, IMO, where the "Concealed" part comes in. If no one knows you are carrying... then it should never be an issue. but that is at your own risk.

Correct! IANAL, but carry concealed means just that. If you are in fear of your life an work in some crappy locations, you have to realize that you will be fired if anyone knows you carry or you use it in self-defense.

Anyhow, this is Massachusetts, and it is a struggle each day not to have any of the sheepole see an imprint here and there... [rolleyes]

John, got four words for you: "Don't ask, don't tell".

Yes, you'll get fired if you get caught. But they can't arrest you and you'll be alive to find another job...

Well, I manage 250M sq ft of commercial rental spaces. I CCW daily in the office, my employer is my hunting buddy, the gal who does the books has no prblem with guns. If you have to work for a living, and you are a gunnie, it don't get no better than this. Sorry, not hiring at the moment, but if I were, NRA and GOAL membership would be a requirement.

Back
Top Bottom