• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carry at work?

Do you carry at work?

• Yes

Votes: 56 51.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 32 29.6%

• Total voters
Metal detectors, only on the way out though. :rolleyes:

Still though, the no Beretta 92 series signs on the doors makes the f**kheads feel safe in a building filled with all sorts of weaponry. [laugh]

1651892732189.png

You all should've seen the look on one of the dolts face when I pointed out the fact that any gun could be walked into the building and nobody would be the wiser.

I don't carry INSIDE my work since I am management and need to set an example. However, since we lease the property, the personal vehicle has my GHB in it, which happens to also have a sub2k and a couple of boxes of 9mm.

I work in a specialized corner of infrastructure construction. When I started 20 years ago, I asked my boss if he would allow me to CC at work. We were a very small company (5 people). He said if I was properly licensed, he didn’t see a problem. I have had a sidearm on me every single day of the week (with very few exceptions) for 15 years or so. I think he might be surprised that I’ve carried every day since then. For Federal sites or schools, I have a console safe in my truck. Other than those, no metal detector, no pat down, it stays on my hip. Because of my job position, even if there is some form of screening, security usually bypasses it for me and my crew, or we’re issued key card access for buildings or sites.

I’m an odd case, I don’t take vacations, I haven’t been on a commercial aircraft since 2000. I think it’s been 13 years since I’ve been out of New England.

I’m not paranoid about being attacked, and I don’t have delusions that I’m John McClane. I don’t drink, I don’t take drugs, and I’m not easily rattled by things going sideways. (It’s actually the frequency of things going sideways around me that contributed to my decision to carry religiously). I’m a troubleshooter and my job is resolving unusual problems. There aren’t many things I can’t resolve with the equipment on my service truck. I have many tools that are only for fixing one particular problem. Carrying a firearm seemed like the addition of one more tool in case I come across one particular problem.

I try to follow a “Gray Man” approach, as I’m usually just part of the background anyway. I’m of the belief that the more responsible, inconspicuous, armed civilians, the better.

It's your funeral.
Sounds great. Except getting charged with a violation simply doesn't just get you a request to leave. It gets a Federal charge .Most locations have metal detectors at the entrances.
Some Federal buildings are obvious. Some not so much. But every year they found people trying to walk into the empire State building with a firearm because they had an out of state permit. It didn't end well.

I was lucky enough to retire at 62 and while I no longer work after a life changing accident, I'd say I carry in a non-permissive environment. I prefer to think I'm being reasonably prudent as I have white hair, have difficulty walking, I use a cane or wheelchair at times I slur my words due to a TBI and generally look like a defenseless old man.

But even old dogs have teeth. [devil] So I always go armed.

I work in a specialized corner of infrastructure construction. When I started 20 years ago, I asked my boss if he would allow me to CC at work. We were a very small company (5 people). He said if I was properly licensed, he didn’t see a problem. I have had a sidearm on me every single day of the week (with very few exceptions) for 15 years or so. I think he might be surprised that I’ve carried every day since then. For Federal sites or schools, I have a console safe in my truck. Other than those, no metal detector, no pat down, it stays on my hip. Because of my job position, even if there is some form of screening, security usually bypasses it for me and my crew, or we’re issued key card access for buildings or sites.

I’m an odd case, I don’t take vacations, I haven’t been on a commercial aircraft since 2000. I think it’s been 13 years since I’ve been out of New England.

I’m not paranoid about being attacked, and I don’t have delusions that I’m John McClane. I don’t drink, I don’t take drugs, and I’m not easily rattled by things going sideways. (It’s actually the frequency of things going sideways around me that contributed to my decision to carry religiously). I’m a troubleshooter and my job is resolving unusual problems. There aren’t many things I can’t resolve with the equipment on my service truck. I have many tools that are only for fixing one particular problem. Carrying a firearm seemed like the addition of one more tool in case I come across one particular problem.

I try to follow a “Gray Man” approach, as I’m usually just part of the background anyway. I’m of the belief that the more responsible, inconspicuous, armed civilians, the better.
Not comparing you to this DB by any stretch, but your post reminded me of this scene

Attachments

• 61C7B1AE-E625-49FE-81BA-6A86E31800C2.jpeg
    61C7B1AE-E625-49FE-81BA-6A86E31800C2.jpeg
    12.1 KB · Views: 3
Ha! Nothing like that. I was just trying to explain that my situation is different from most people. It’s a unique set of circumstances that allows me to carry as often as I do without the luxury of LEOSA or such.
I am covered under LEOSA and I still wouldn't be comfortable carrying in NY, NJ or DC!

Company policy forbids it, but carry anyway. F them.
Yeah. I haven't gone out to work a hurricane or anything yet, but when the person who dispatches us points to me and says 'if I have to send someone into a sketchy neighborhood, I've got him'.

Um, yeah. Looking for one of those micro Glocks when I get home. Single stack 9mm should be really easy to keep hidden, even on my scrawny butt.

But at least you’re covered. It’s amazing how people expect you to justify why you’re legally carrying in MA. (I’ve driven thru those three, that’s it)
NY & NJ have both arrested LEOs and denied LEOSA, making them deal with lawyers and courts. I suspect that DC would do the same. No thanks.

Back
Top Bottom