• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carry at work?

Do you carry at work?

• Yes

Votes: 56 51.9%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 32 29.6%

• Total voters
i carried when i lived in missouri and the walk back was to the parking garage under the arch. people were getting robbed on that path all the time. we had to group together and have at least 2 males every time to walk our women toward that parking at the end of the day. and that was in calm 2000-3. do not even want to know wtf is it there now.

to carry while working in boston was not really that imperative to me, as while i had an office in prudential building i was in way better shape than now and was training with a cambridge boxing club 3 times a week... did not feel a need at all for anything extra nor was particularly scared of anything, and we lived in the heart of the somerville. :)

as now i work from home - for last 15 years - it all is within hand reach from me, enough arsenal to fight off the invasion, if needed.

Always

To those that don’t carry because they “feel safe, most crime victims felt safe right up to the time they were not. Carry always.

Tell me that you never vacation in California, Hawaii or outside the US without telling me :)

Or you don't go on airplanes, cruises....

I could go on.

Tell me that you never vacation in California, Hawaii or outside the US without telling me :)

Or you don't go on airplanes, cruises....

I could go on.
I've chatted up cops on the beat while on vacation a couple times...at a Blue Jays game in Toronto and another time on the street in Paris. They were fine, but when guns came up and I talked a little about what I had, they both kinda looked me over, lol, like I could be carrying. You could tell they were not used to common people taking about having handguns, etc. [laugh]

Interestingly, the Toronto cop told me wasn't even supposed to carry off-duty!

I've chatted up cops on the beat while on vacation a couple times...at a Blue Jays game in Toronto and another time on the street in Paris. They were fine, but when guns came up and I talked a little about what I had, they both kinda looked me over, lol, like I could be carrying. You could tell they were not used to common people taking about having handguns, etc. [laugh]

Interestingly, the Toronto cop told me wasn't even supposed to carry off-duty!

I mean I get carrying all the time, but if the need to carry all the time restricts the amount of fun you can have.. Time to re-evaluate your life and step outside of the safety bubble you have created for yourself... I can't imagine not going places and not doing things because you are constantly afraid of getting attacked, shit sounds like the same type of mental gymnastics used by male incels to justify not being with a woman or having sex with people other than themselves :)

I don’t carry religiously, but 80% of the time or so. I’m retired now, so I can carry whenever I want. I used to carry at work on federal property. Just keep it on your person when coming through the gate.

They may randomly search your car, but they won’t search YOU lacking any other suspicion.

I can’t even see the point in taking off my gun to walk into the post office. It’s a stupid law in a sea of stupid laws.

What, is the mail man gonna frisk me?

i carried when i lived in missouri and the walk back was to the parking garage under the arch. people were getting robbed on that path all the time. we had to group together and have at least 2 males every time to walk our women toward that parking at the end of the day.
Why not four a**h***s in a 2x2 cover formation [rofl]

PressGuy? That you?

I typically only carry if I’m working in the evening/night in sketchy areas. Otherwise I doubt any of my customers would ever be a threat. More concerned about the crackhead trying to break into my van.

Carried concealed for over 35 years until I retired last year...now I carry concealed retired... :cool:

Interesting when I retired and moved, my best friend at my old job and I were talking on the phone several months later and I told him I carried everyday at work...a .380 in my pocket and a CZ-75 PCR in my rucksack...He told me he has been carrying for years and neither of us knew about the other. I told him that's the way it's supposed to be. Concealed means concealed. Where we worked, we could've been summarily fired for carrying...company is owned by a UK consortium...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom