• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Carjackers pick the wrong car

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
Carjackers pick the wrong car
http://www.khou.com/topstories/stor...g.588f752e.html

Texas -- A female off-duty Richmond police officer put her training into action when three alleged carjackers forced her into her car and attempted to steal it. The incident erupted into a shooting that left one suspect dead and another wounded.

It happened at the Trails at Steeplechase Apartment complex at Jones Road and Highway 290.

It happened around 6:30 a.m. at the Trails at Steeplechase Apartment complex at Jones Road and Highway 290.

According to the Jersey Village Police Department, three masked men attempted to carjack the off-duty officer in her SUV.

All three of the suspects were armed and got into the car. One suspect pushed her over into the passenger seat.

At that time, authorities said the 22-year-old officer who had been with the department less than six months, pulled out her own gun and her instincts kicked in. Authorities said she shot and killed one suspect and shot another suspect five times.

"I believe it was a life-and-death struggle in the car, and she managed to get her weapon out," said Jersey Village Police Chief Charles Wedemeyer. "Both of them were armed with handguns, and there were several shots fired.

The wounded suspect was taken by Life Flight to the hospital.

Officials said the female officer was very shaken up after the incident, requiring oxygen just to catch her breath.

Police have the other suspect in custody.

A fourth person was arrested but had nothing to do with the crime and had just crossed the yellow crime scene tape.

The Richmond officer lives in the apartment complex with her fiance, who is a Jersey Village police officer.

The Texas Rangers, Jersey Village Police Department and the Harris County Sheriff’s Department are investigating the case.

sdavid said:
I've thought about that type of senario before and I have one question: How easy is it to get blood stains out of the upholstery?

LOL. I'd rather have that problem, then having Melody pick out my casket color.

I don't know how many of you read GlockTalk (I only read the Women's forum, and the Walther forum) but here is a thread from Miss Kitty that will make you think. I don't know if I'd be so cool and level headed, but I'd like to think so [shock] [!]

SnakeEye said:
now being off duty does she still have the luxury of union representation?
Should be and protected from a law suit under the city's insurance as well.

reinbeau said:
I don't know how many of you read GlockTalk (I only read the Women's forum, and the Walther forum) but here is a thread from Miss Kitty that will make you think. I don't know if I'd be so cool and level headed, but I'd like to think so [shock] [!]

She handled that VERY well. Granted, not all rear enders are attempts to car jack you, but more and more of them are becoming that way, and you can't tell if it's real or not until it becomes too late.

Ladies...read that thread and remember it when you're driving.

Back
Top Bottom