Carefully thought out marijuana laws.

I know this is my first post and it’s gonna be a rant, so I apologize ahead of time. Needed somewhere to vent though. Massachusetts is now AGAIN stalling on the sale of recreational marijuana. This is on the basis that they needed to look further into emplementing laws regarding the sale of recreational marijuana. Also how to properly regulate it and control it. If only they took this carefully thought out approach on how they write gun laws in this state or any laws for that matter.

I know this is my first post and it’s gonna be a rant, so I apologize ahead of time. Needed somewhere to vent though. Massachusetts is now AGAIN stalling on the sale of recreational marijuana. This is on the basis that they needed to look further into emplementing laws regarding the sale of recreational marijuana. Also how to properly regulate it and control it. If only they took this carefully thought out approach on how they write gun laws in this state or any laws for that matter.

It’s brutal, really shows what a joke our state is..... but at least they kept the home growing provision which allows gifting.

It’s brutal, really shows what a joke our state is..... but at least they kept the home growing provision which allows gifting.
It’s truly ridiculous. But on that note, now I can probably get that garden I always wanted started until they start taxing me on that as well.

not a bad first post compared to some we've seen recently. mass politicos have to carefully consider how they will get the most dollars in their own pockets before enacting/allowing anything.

as far as gun laws??? they would outlaw all private ownership if they thought they could get away with it.

Where's your cite? [laugh] [devil2]

You are assuming facts not i evidence, that the hacks can even think

Where's your cite? [laugh] [devil2]

You are assuming facts not i evidence, that the hacks can even think
According to the Boston Globe a spokes person for Maura Healey states “Certain communities have expressed a need for some additional time to address implementation of recreational marijuana licensing, sales, and facilities”. This was after stating that any local freezing on licensing for selling and delivering was considered “unconstitutional” (ironic) after a Dec. 31st deadline, and then reversing that decision later on. Now as well they want independent labs to test and certify all marijuana being sold in the state prior to being able to sell therefore further stalling the process. This was on the news this evening. I was not making any blind assumptions, I was basing my post on how the AWB letter from the AG was quickly emplimented and enforced (I say enforced because I would be pressed to find an FFL that will sell me an AR). My post was merely an observation on how certain laws for certain things are treated much more differently than others.

Last edited:

Eh .it's all about people who think they can get more profit/tax our of it making sure that they have explored all profit/tax generating loops, holes and pits.

libertarian (lĭbˌər-târˈē-ən)

• n.
    One who advocates maximizing individual rights and minimizing the role of the state.
  • n.
    One who believes in free will.
Follow No One, Lead Only One...

Meanwhile on Tuesday, Oklahoma voters overwhelmingly approved medical marijuana, including home-grow option.

We'll see if their legislators screw that up as badly as Arkansas, Massachusetts, and Maine legislators have done in a big "FU!" to their voters.

They are not re-writing sh@t. They are sitting around collecting bribes and waiting on more states to legalize it.

Corrupt POS. Their jobs should be un-paid, part time and limit to two terms (one would be ideal).

This state is run by unfit, overpaid, been in office too long, corrupt people who show no value or support for the constitution. They get vote on their own pay raise.I don't care want state it is, thats is bullshit.
You could just move.[devil2]

Communities needs more time to make sure the pot business is as efficient, fair, and transparent as alcohol distribution... /s

wouldn't a law abiding gun owner be at odds with the law if using recreational MJ?

You can be for a law that IMHO is unconstitutional (not here to debate that just my opinion). But still not use or want to use the product mentioned in the law? So still staying within Federal and State law!

They will never regain all the millions in revenue they have already lost and are going to lose in the following year. You can smell it everywhere, people are buying it somewhere.

Too bad Maura wouldn't know the constitution if it was on tattooed on her forehead!

It seems like every week they come up with some new reason to add to the delay. It's getting ridiculous. We'll be lucky if a store is up an running by the end of the year.

Legalizing Marijuana only made it on the ballot because everyone thought it would be defeated. Now they are ignoring a law that was passed until they can figure out what to do.
It will be all but impossible to regulate it since its a weed that grows anywhere, but it's an excuse for now.

I'm actually okay with the whole marijuana issue currently going on in MA. Can use the topic to piss off a wider voter demographic come election time.

I was thinking of this today after seeing on the news last night that they are delaying recreational sales again. At what point can they be forced by the courts to implement the will of the people that voted this law into place?
They are clearly circumventing a law that was voted into place. By doing this they are setting a precedent that you can obey or not... Any law that the unwashed masses vote into place.

SORRY....if I can't get high while driving a truck...you c cannot get high and carry a gun. Seems like common sense to me. There is a need for response restrictions....

Back
Top Bottom