Carcano Accuracy and THE Conspiracy Theory

Deep state took out JFK & RFK with some help from the Mafia and the Terrorist. O'Reilly's Killing JFK sheds some light also.

Attachments

• hoffa.jpg
    hoffa.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1
Not only could they not repeat it with the carcano but they couldn't do it with an M14. Or so I've heard.

That may be the one I'm thinking of. I remember seeing that they could get the shots off from the carcano in the allotted time with some practice but couldn't make the hits.

Probably would have been easier to identify the shooting position and have return fire if your target and security are facing you.

Taking 3 shots pretty much gives away your position too so I don't think he was terribly worried about that (assuming he actually did it which I highly doubt)

"If they can kill a president, they can kill a union boss."

I don't know how true all of that was. Frank Sheeran was known to embellish things. Michael Franzese said he was a small time player.

The thing I can't figure out is where did all the money, power and influence of organized crime go. It's like after the 80's you never hear about them.

Italian-style organized crime died because of mostly the FBI, although organized crime families still operate trash disposal and some other rackets in the north east. These crime families had (have?) a military-like hierarchy, so everyone knew everyone else. This made it easy to put pressure on people to give up their associates. They ratted on each other.

I hear the new way is cellular, taliban style. You don't know who you're working for, each cell has one member who reports upstream, and another member who reports down stream. This makes it so a compromised member can only flip on their cell and not take the whole org down.

The real criminals are in government.

I have nothing substantive to add to this thread at this time, I just wanted to be the first person to post this pic of Levon Helm.
View attachment 449338
"The world ain't what it seems, is it Gunny?"

Great character, Mr. Rate, and Helm was the perfect person to deliver. LOL, once this thread started diving in a little deeper I thought of that movie character.

Taking 3 shots pretty much gives away your position too so I don't think he was terribly worried about that (assuming he actually did it which I highly doubt)
Sure, but if the intent is to take one successful shot then make your exit, shooting from behind makes more sense as everyone is already moving away and security that may be sweeping the route ahead of the motorcade has passed.

I still like my spore theory though

I do think that the neck shot was from Oswald,or someone in another building,but I do think the head shot was accidentally done by the Secret Service agent in the following car.
I have the same rifle set up as used by Oswald.If anyone can come up with the ammo,the are more than welcomed to try the shot at my gun club.

I do think that the neck shot was from Oswald,or someone in another building,but I do think the head shot was accidentally done by the Secret Service agent in the following car.
I have the same rifle set up as used by Oswald.If anyone can come up with the ammo,the are more than welcomed to try the shot at my gun club.

Interested to hear more about the accidental head shot theory. I'm not that familiar. The way his head snapped back I can't figure out if a shot from behind and hydrostatic pressure could do that or if the shot came from a different direction. I've looked at the Zapruder footage of that moment more than a few times and it's puzzling.

How far away was Kennedy from Oswald when the shooting happened? Had to have been less than 100 yards. I've never shot a Carcano, but a target moving slowly away from me at less than 100 yards with a scoped rifle is not that difficult.

Forget the scope shot.A cheap Chinese scope with a cheap offset mount.The shot was better taken with iron sights.

My neighbor gave me a rifle that belonged to his father. He knew nothing about it, never shot it, and it just sat in the back of the safe. I did a little research and determined it’s a 91/24 Carcano. It is possibly the worst rifle I’ve ever fired. From what I’ve read, the 91 Carcano initially had a 30 inch barrel. Later variants had shorter barrels. But the 91/24 was the result of re-arsenaling the original M91s. They cut the barrel down to 20 inches, but the first Carcanos had progressive rifling that increased the twist rate over the length of the barrel. The 10 inches of barrel they cut off left the rifle with a pitch that won’t stabilize the bullet. When I pulled the target I shot, I laughed my ass off. There are keyholed hits everywhere. But there’s still one in the X ring. It’s sideways, but it’s there.

Attachments

• EAB948E9-65C1-4BE3-8C2D-1102D6BC3C4D.jpeg
    EAB948E9-65C1-4BE3-8C2D-1102D6BC3C4D.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 18
How far away was Kennedy from Oswald when the shooting happened? Had to have been less than 100 yards. I've never shot a Carcano, but a target moving slowly away from me at less than 100 yards with a scoped rifle is not that difficult.

Send it.

While at the Dallas museum, they said the scope was not even sighted in and was loose on the mount/rings. Sounds fishy to me

While at the Dallas museum, they said the scope was not even sighted in and was loose on the mount/rings. Sounds fishy to me
Oswald may have used the irons. The scope mount is a side mount, leaving the irons clear.

88 yards. I think the 'target' (head) would be very comparable to the bull of the SR1 at 100. Think you could keep 'em well inside the black with a 3 to 5 MOA rifle? Now with a moving target? In rapid succession with a clunky bolt action?

Forget what you can do with a high power match rifle.

I had the opportunity to shoot one over the weekend. It was not scoped. The irons sucked IMO. The V groove rear sight is not intuitive. At 100 yards I did not land anything on the SR1 target. The rifle was not mine and wasn't sighted in but it was hitting well over the target with the rear sight in the lowest position. That being said I think Oswald did have the capability and determination to pull it off. The marksmanship head shot may well have been a lucky center of mass shot.

88 yards. I think the 'target' (head) would be very comparable to the bull of the SR1 at 100. Think you could keep 'em well inside the black with a 3 to 5 MOA rifle? Now with a moving target? In rapid succession with a clunky bolt action?

Forget what you can do with a high power match rifle.
1 out of 3 or more shots? With a little luck that doesn't seem that hard.

Edit, check my math: SR-1 has a 6.375" aiming black. One MOA at 88 yards is about 0.92136". 6.375/0.92136 = 6.9 MOA

So yeah a pizza box jarhead putting 1 out of 3 shots into a 6.9 MOA circle with a supported 5 MOA rifle doesn't seem like a huge stretch.

Last edited:
1 out of 3 or more shots? With a little luck that doesn't seem that hard.

Edit, check my math: SR-1 has a 6.375" aiming black. One MOA at 88 yards is about 0.92136". 6.375/0.92136 = 6.9 MOA

So yeah a pizza box jarhead putting 1 out of 3 shots into a 6.9 MOA circle with a supported 5 MOA rifle doesn't seem like a huge stretch.
That's what I'm thinking. Not impossible by any stretch. You get 3 shots off in the general direction and 1 has at least a chance.
"The bullets got to go somewhere; might as well be an X"

That's what I'm thinking. Not impossible by any stretch. You get 3 shots off in the general direction and 1 has at least a chance.
This is what i was thinking , accuracy by dispersion, aim rhe best you can and let them fly.
Its like shooting off hand . Using every corner of the 5 ring but still happen to splash a X or 2.
i find it more likely that someone got off 3 shots and had a probability of a hit than a random AD ?
Either way someone wanted JFK dead and they succeeded. Communists, Deep State, Random solo psycho ? Its hard to believe a secret can be last this long. Maybe its true Dead men tell no tales.

Last edited:

This is the whole conspiracy right there. Two hits from three shots, with that shitty bolt action rifle, moving target at 12mph in like 2.3 seconds? And one of .gov commissions later admitted there was audio of four shots not the three that they put in the report.

At the museam you are not allowed to go to the floor where Oswald shot, but you can go the floor below and and look out the window, one floor below from the shooting. Trees have grown and but they still have a "X" on the road below. I am not a good shot but it didn't look impossible. The museam is worth your time

I had the opportunity to shoot one over the weekend. It was not scoped. The irons sucked IMO. The V groove rear sight is not intuitive. At 100 yards I did not land anything on the SR1 target. The rifle was not mine and wasn't sighted in but it was hitting well over the target with the rear sight in the lowest position. That being said I think Oswald did have the capability and determination to pull it off. The marksmanship head shot may well have been a lucky center of mass shot.
I forgot to mention that on my 91/24 they left the original (30” barrel) rear sight and reinstalled the front blade on the cut down barrel. It’s almost useless, and the elevation (range) markings are completely irrelevant.

Back
Top Bottom